Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American KanBama's Avatar

TooCool Alabama RB recruit Derrick Henry now All-Time High School Rushing Champion

HIGH SCHOOL'S ALL-TIME RUSHING CHAMPION

Alabama has had quite the stable of star running backs over the past five years. Mark Ingram won the Heisman. Trent Richardson led the Tide to a national title. T.J. Yeldon emerged as an instant-impact star in his first season in Tuscaloosa. Yet none of them was as prodigious in high school as Derrick Henry, Alabama's next high-profile running back recruit. Henry, a 6-foot-3, 238-pound wrecking ball from Yulee, Fla., rushed for 12,124 career yards to smash Ken Hall's 59-year-old national record (11,232). In his senior season Henry rushed for a state-record 4,260 yards, breaking Travis Henry's mark, and he scored 55 touchdowns.

Read More:
    Avatar is a picture of me and my High School running buddy's enjoying a Bama game

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Alabama RB recruit Derrick Henry now All-Time High School Rushing Champion

That's just sick!

Re: Alabama RB recruit Derrick Henry now All-Time High School Rushing Champion

Quote Originally Posted by KanBama View Post
    HIGH SCHOOL'S ALL-TIME RUSHING CHAMPION

Alabama has had quite the stable of star running backs over the past five years. Mark Ingram won the Heisman. Trent Richardson led the Tide to a national title. T.J. Yeldon emerged as an instant-impact star in his first season in Tuscaloosa. Yet none of them was as prodigious in high school as Derrick Henry, Alabama's next high-profile running back recruit. Henry, a 6-foot-3, 238-pound wrecking ball from Yulee, Fla., rushed for 12,124 career yards to smash Ken Hall's 59-year-old national record (11,232). In his senior season Henry rushed for a state-record 4,260 yards, breaking Travis Henry's mark, and he scored 55 touchdowns.

Read More:
    And was i dreaming, or did i hear that we're bringing the kid in to play LB or something like that? I'm sure Nick will put him in the best position for him to be successful in the NFL - as he does so well.
    JUST WIN
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Tebow cried, Cam lied, Trees died, and LSU tried..........ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation All-SEC KrimsonNinja's Avatar
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

He's putting up video game numbers. Incredible. Alabama just keeps bringing in phenomenal RB's every year and I feel a little spoiled at this point.
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - George Orwell

BamaNation All-American 230kv_barehand's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Most seem to think he's playing LB when he comes to campus, but this kid is one mean fast big kid! He's gonna tote the rock!

Quote Originally Posted by Just Win View Post
    And was i dreaming, or did i hear that we're bringing the kid in to play LB or something like that? I'm sure Nick will put him in the best position for him to be successful in the NFL - as he does so well.
    I think he'd be a perfect fit for the new role that it seemed Jalston Fowler was/is playing. FB/HB/RB all rolled up in one. That hybrid position could become so dangerous, and I think the coaches would like to make it a staple in the offense. I just wish we could've seen it vs some more of the tougher competiition (It sure was impressive vs Michigan). If so, he'd fit that role perfectly.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I've heard & read about the "Henry = LB' talk, but I just don't see it. He apparently has the skills to play RB, and I hope he'll get his chance to strut his stuff. I think he'll be a good one.
    "If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters." - Alan K. Simpson

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

He's playing RB, plain and simple. It would be crazy for him to play anywhere else.

BamaNation All-American Matt0424's Avatar

Can we just stop the DH linebacker talk?

BamaNation All-SEC

I know Henry wasn't playing against great competition. Who knows how he'll compare with our other running backs. I would bet, at minimum, he'll be a H-back. He might bring a new dimension to the H-back we haven't seen before. He is as big as Fowler with better ball skills and athletic ability. I almost see a Kevin Turner type player.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

He's got the potential to be a nightmare for defenses everywhere! That kind of size/speed/strength combination just isn't natural...

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

How are his hands when it comes to receiving?!

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by glasscutter256 View Post
    I know Henry wasn't playing against great competition. Who knows how he'll compare with our other running backs. I would bet, at minimum, he'll be a H-back. He might bring a new dimension to the H-back we haven't seen before. He is as big as Fowler with better ball skills and athletic ability. I almost see a Kevin Turner type player.
    I see a Mark Ingram, Trent, Eddie kind of player. I guess the H-back, FB, LB, TE talk will continue until he breaks off a 70 yard run in his freshman year but it probably won't stop then