Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Alabama RB recruit Derrick Henry now All-Time High School Rushing Champion

http://www.fhsaa.org/sports/football

If you go to the site you can look at all the playoff brackets going up to 8A. I'm in no way knocking Henry as I think he will be great RB, I'm just saying that in Florida there is better competition. That is why many people aren't too worried about Henry getting 40 carries a game because the defenses weren't that stout. If he had been getting 40 carries a game versus 7a or 8a competition then I could see people being worried about his body being worn thin. I suspect he will take over second string duties by mid season.
    Rollin Since '81.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Second Team

Of his astounding 462 rushes, 55 of them ended with him celebrating in the end zone. He ran out of bounds a lot too. For a 243 pound guy he was less of a bruiser than a cruiser, in that he used his speed out wide and took a lot of indirect hits. He'll never see 250 carries per season at Bama.

What makes him so tough is that like a kickoff returner, once he gets going his momentum takes him forward and no one tries to "light him up" because is bigger than ANYONE at the HS level play in the back 7. Stop him for a loss, or give up 6-12.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderFan View Post
    This guy has bigger, stronger, faster Dick Butkus written all over him. I can't wait for him to bump CJ off the starting lineup when he steps on campus.

snaeky...smiley way at the bottom of the post...

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by bamafaninOhiO View Post
    snaeky...smiley way at the bottom of the post...
    That was sneaky.