Link: Is Alabama currently a dynasty?

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I actually think we need to win this one AND the next as the detractors will say that Saban had one gargantuan recruiting year (2008) and that is that. If we win next year, especially with a relatively young D, then a dynasty it is.
We have one of the youngest teams in the top 25 anyway...

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
That will take one heck of a team. If there are two other unbeaten major teams at the end of next season, Bama would have to be undefeated and unscored on to go to the NCG. The pollsters will not allow Bama to win 3 straight.
I know what you mean. But I disagree, its just not like that anymore. Nowadays we carry more weight as the defending champs.

nathan

1st Team
May 17, 2006
Huntsville, AL
Once the Saban years are seen in perspective (hindsight- maybe 10 or 20 years from now), I think it will be difficult for the talking heads to call it anything other than a dynasty. Regardless of whether or not Bama brings home the crystal this January.

For some reason, in my mind, "dynasty" requires at least 10 years to accomplish. And that's not 10 years of complete domination but 10 solid years of competition for the mnc. When you've been in the title conversation for a decade (winning it all at least twice) while recruiting at a high level and putting players into the nfl... All Coach has to do is stick around and continue the process and this won't even be a question for discussion in a few years. Of course, if we win it this year & go on to win again next, I'll be revising my 10 year stance!

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
Don't forget that this year Bama hasn't won anything yet as far as a NC goes. I hope the players don't read this stuff and get to thinking how good they are and then get to Miami and get sent home with our tail between our legs. This ain't going to be a gimme and believe that ND will be bringing it every play.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Truly, I'm not that concerned with the whole dynasty thing. Last year I probably relished the championship game for a week max before I started thinking about 2012. Heck, I'm already starting to try to figure out where the weak spots will be next year now that we've had all of the guys who will return state their intentions. Win or lose, I still want to see us compete for another title next season. Being a dynasty by definition doesn't do anything for that goal directly. I want to see them win against Notre Dame then try to do it again next year...rinse and repeat.

Last edited:

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
I can see where coach is coming from. Any other school would consider themselves in a dynasty. Maybe looking in from the outside gives a more positive perspective?

I believe we are in the midst. If we win the title it will solidify it. Dynasties are not regular season wins, they are not even conference championships. They are winning it all. That's how they've always been measured and I'm sure it will continue that way, not to throw salt on the regular season. We've been remarkable there #1 in 5 straight seasons is crazy good, but winning it all is what matters. That's what Bama plays for and what we've always measured ourselves and other by. I wouldn't ask for anything less.

Bamafan78

1st Team
Nov 20, 2006
Chattanooga, TN.
Truly, I'm not that concerned with the whole dynasty thing. Last year I probably relished the championship game for a week max before I started thinking about 2012. Heck, I'm already starting to try to figure out where the weak spots will be next year now that we've had all of the guys who will return state their intentions. Win or lose, I still want to see us compete for another title next season. Being a dynasty by definition doesn't do anything for that goal directly. I want to see them win against Notre Dame then try to do it again next year...rinse and repeat.
I like Coach Saban's 24 hour rule after a win, and that includes winning a National Championship. Stay hungry my friends. :biggrin2:

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I feel confident we'll hear about the Alabama dynasty during the January 7 broadcast if Bama wins. Sports reporters nationwide will declare it a dynasty on Jan 8, again if Bama wins.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I have a little looser definition of a 'Dynasty' than most of you.
I think we have already arrived, but America will be forced to see the truth,
if we take care of business, and beat Notre Dame.

We have been closing the gap ever since Coach Saban arrived.
In year one we lost several promising players who refused to buy into the 'Process',
(Not a great year), since then we have pretty much been TCOB,
even against the best SEC teams.
Teams like Texas, Michigan State, Michigan, Penn State, Virginia Tech.
were all teams America thought would put us in our place... Didn't happen.
Those were all supposed to be quality teams until we beat them.
We've been back on top for several years now.
I anticipate the same type year next year too.
IMO: Coach Saban has built a DYNASTY at Alabama, again...

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.