Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161720 ... LastLast
    Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Saban: We're not running away from Teo

Quote Originally Posted by cmmiller711 View Post
    looks like he scored on 2nd down to me... he looked down on 4th tho.
    Without a doubt he scored on 4th down.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Second Team FriendlyIrish's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

So I am hearing some things that LSU is a better D, and if we are not better than LSU we most likely won't win...

I'd say there are probably 2-3 teams in CFB that have a chance of winning in Death Valley with what you guys had at stake. It is an impressive win. In any case, this site provides some good stats. It is purely opponent-adjusted, and is very reputable. The best defense you all have faced is LSU at 12, and they held you to 331 and 21 points. If LSU can do that, I see no reason why ND can. With opponent adjusted statistics, we are the best defense you will face all year.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/feidef2012

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

It's hard to compare LSU to Notre Dame anyway because they have a different kind of defense. LSU had a lot of injuries at LB and they lost two of their three CBs from 2011. Their front is probably more productive than Notre Dame's and has two NFL caliber rush ends but Notre Dame's defense is a different sort of defense.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by FriendlyIrish View Post
    So I am hearing some things that LSU is a better D, and if we are not better than LSU we most likely won't win...

I'd say there are probably 2-3 teams in CFB that have a chance of winning in Death Valley with what you guys had at stake. It is an impressive win. In any case, this site provides some good stats. It is purely opponent-adjusted, and is very reputable. The best defense you all have faced is LSU at 12, and they held you to 331 and 21 points. If LSU can do that, I see no reason why ND can. With opponent adjusted statistics, we are the best defense you will face all year.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/feidef2012
    Looking at that Notre Dame played the #3 and #4 toughest defense, and both gave up 20 points. Guess Bama will win 21-20.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation Second Team FriendlyIrish's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Looking at that Notre Dame played the #3 and #4 toughest defense, and both gave up 20 points. Guess Bama will win 21-20.
    Touche. It goes right with what RGW said above as well, in that the defenses are different. LSU isn't what it was last year or previously, with giving up too many points to certain teams (i.e. 20 to Towson St). On that night in Death Valley they probably played their best.

Post Thanks / Like

Being human, we'll keep trying to find basis for comparison. We have to talk about something for the next 11 days or so. Of course, we only have the one opponent in common, which, as we all know, is a slender reed indeed. However, for obvious reasons, the comparative score there is one that Tide fans love and Irish fans detest and rationalize...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

Post Thanks / Like

Figure I will throw this into the discussion. http://www.teamrankings.com/college-...hedule-by-team Bama has the #2 ranked strength of schedule Notre Dame #29 whatever this means.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

Saban: We're not running away from Teo

Quote Originally Posted by mittman View Post
    A route to a rout?
    iPhone 5 got me!
    ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

Saban: We're not running away from Teo

Yes I brought up LSU and not on a neutral field. This is Saturday night against LSU. It is a beast Notre Dame hasn't gone through, that nor the SECCG. The light came on for Metty. Had it not been for an AJ being cute fumble it wouldn't have come down to a 4th quarter screen to Yeldon. What Notre Dame doesn't quite understand is in a conference you have Big BIG rivalries. That have to be played year in and out. Sure you play Oklahoma who is having a down year but c'mon Oklahoma hasn't been the same since Florida got ahold to them. Sure you played USC... Without Matt Barkley and even the true freshman made a game of it. Michigan?! We ran through them like caster oil. You managed to squeak by. Don't give me Michigan State. They couldn't pass the butter. I know we play some creme puffs too, but we have a right. This is the SEC and not BYU. It's a reason why half the SEC would be favored against ND. Sure, ND plays an SEC style defense, but Alabama is the SEC. No way we lose this one.
    ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation Scout Team
    Post Thanks / Like

We've heard "bend don't break" for years. All you do is let teams chew up yards, use up the clock and beat you with field goals. Lucky for nd Pitt missed a field goal.

BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com
    Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post
    Yes I brought up LSU and not on a neutral field. This is Saturday night against LSU. It is a beast Notre Dame hasn't gone through, that nor the SECCG. The light came on for Metty. Had it not been for an AJ being cute fumble it wouldn't have come down to a 4th quarter screen to Yeldon. What Notre Dame doesn't quite understand is in a conference you have Big BIG rivalries. That have to be played year in and out. Sure you play Oklahoma who is having a down year but c'mon Oklahoma hasn't been the same since Florida got ahold to them. Sure you played USC... Without Matt Barkley and even the true freshman made a game of it. Michigan?! We ran through them like caster oil. You managed to squeak by. Don't give me Michigan State. They couldn't pass the butter. I know we play some creme puffs too, but we have a right. This is the SEC and not BYU. It's a reason why half the SEC would be favored against ND. Sure, ND plays an SEC style defense, but Alabama is the SEC. No way we lose this one.
    I'm loving your kool aid man. I agree with this and I will til I see otherwise. Roll tide.

BamaNation All-American sanjosecrimson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Being human, we'll keep trying to find basis for comparison. We have to talk about something for the next 11 days or so. Of course, we only have the one opponent in common, which, as we all know, is a slender reed indeed. However, for obvious reasons, the comparative score there is one that Tide fans love and Irish fans detest and rationalize...
    moreover that game with UM was in Dallas. ND struggled with UM in South Bend with 6 gifts.
    Last edited by sanjosecrimson; December 28th, 2012 at 01:43 AM.

BamaNation All-American sanjosecrimson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

I know we play some creme puffs too, but we have a right. This is the SEC and not BYU. It's a reason why half the SEC would be favored against ND. Sure, ND plays an SEC style defense, but Alabama is the SEC. No way we lose this one

Bama has played 3 tough teams this season ( LSU, TAMU, UGA) . ND has played 2-3 tough games this season as well ( OU, Stanford, USC).

the difference is that Bama has dominated our weaker opponents while ND struggles against their weaker bunch!!! I don't care how you slice this obvious pie, that is the bottom line. PERIOD.
    Last edited by sanjosecrimson; December 28th, 2012 at 01:48 AM.