Question: Saban: We're not running away from Teo

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN
We know that Alabama will be NDs best team they've faced. But for the NDs poster, who do you think is Bama's best team we've faced this season? It could be Alabama, if you asked me.
This year:

Bama's best opponent - tie between LSwho and UGa

ND's best opponent - will be Bama. They will probably claim Oklahoma and that tells you all you need to know about their best competition.

taddy

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 25, 2012
We know that Alabama will be NDs best team they've faced. But for the NDs poster, who do you think is Bama's best team we've faced this season? It could be Alabama, if you asked me.
I would assume Texas A&M was the best team you've faced? After that, I guess LSU or Georgia. I can't say I saw enough games to give an enlightened answer, just basing that on comments here. If you feel that you are your own toughest game, so be it.

Just because we lost to them doesn't mean they were the best team. We just came off the road and faced a team who is a natural rival who just played us in the BCSCG. It was physical and emotional. Coming out of Baton Rouge and winning takes it out of you. LSU in Baton Rouge is challenge of challenges. Then you have the SECCG for all the marbles against a hot SEC team. aTm was number 3 but not by much. I would swap Michigan because of it being the first game of the season, but I'll give aTm the nod.

athlete37

Scout Team
Dec 13, 2012
Call me crazy, but I think if we hadn't beaten Oklahoma they would be your opponent next Monday. That having been said, I completely agree that Alabama is a much better team than Oklahoma.

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN
Just because we lost to them doesn't mean they were the best team. We just came off the road and faced a team who is a natural rival who just played us in the BCSCG. It was physical and emotional. Coming out of Baton Rouge and winning takes it out of you. LSU in Baton Rouge is challenge of challenges. Then you have the SECCG for all the marbles against a hot SEC team. aTm was number 3 but not by much. I would swap Michigan because of it being the first game of the season, but I'll give aTm the nod.
Also they were the 3rd consecutive team In the top 15 on the road we played. I don't believe many/any have won all 3 in that scenario.

The same way that in 1993, FSU was better than Boston College even though Notre Dame beat FSU but lost to BC.

LSU beat Texas A&M and by the time Alabama played LSU, Mettenberger had sorted out his passing problems and was nothing like the team that lost to UF.
Metty breaking out of that funk was big for them. It was what I was scared of the whole season, but it still wasn't enough for them. We practically gave the A&M game away.

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
Swearengin, Alabama, United States
Bama played Missouri and Tennessee on the road then Mississippi State at home, LSU on the road and then Texas A&M at home. Missouri wasn't much of a challenge and even though Tennessee wasn't either, they are one of if not our biggest rival with a great QB and potent offense. Miss. St. was undefeated and ranked in the top 15 when we played them and LSU had marked the date when Bama was coming to Baton Rouge minutes after the BCSNCG. LSU also had a week off to prepare for revenge that got snuffed out in the last minute of a title type contest. Then the next week came A&M and their high powered fast paced offense and the eventual Heisman trophy winner.

Notre Dame didn't have anything similar in a five week span on their schedule. But....anything can happen so that is why you play the game. Texas A&M was more than worthy of the upset in Tuscaloosa so nothing fluky about their win other than Bama had a bad day. Someone is going to have a bad day the 7th. Odds makers say it will be Notre Dame. We shall see won't we? ;)

FriendlyIrish

3rd Team
Nov 22, 2012
Bama played Missouri and Tennessee on the road then Mississippi State at home, LSU on the road and then Texas A&M at home. Missouri wasn't much of a challenge and even though Tennessee wasn't either, they are one of if not our biggest rival with a great QB and potent offense. Miss. St. was undefeated and ranked in the top 15 when we played them and LSU had marked the date when Bama was coming to Baton Rouge minutes after the BCSNCG. LSU also had a week off to prepare for revenge that got snuffed out in the last minute of a title type contest. Then the next week came A&M and their high powered fast paced offense and the eventual Heisman trophy winner.

Notre Dame didn't have anything similar in a five week span on their schedule. But....anything can happen so that is why you play the game. Texas A&M was more than worthy of the upset in Tuscaloosa so nothing fluky about their win other than Bama had a bad day. Someone is going to have a bad day the 7th. Odds makers say it will be Notre Dame. We shall see won't we? ;)
I would disagree here. Missouri and Tennessee are nothing to write home about. Both 5 win teams. Mississippi State went 8-4 but before 'Bama had an easier schedule than my JV High School team. LSU and A&M...this is brutal, I agree. But not an insane 5 game stretch by any means.

Going into the season our first games were an absolute gauntlet. Traveled to Dublin to play Navy, then Purdue, MSU at night, Michigan at night, Miami at Soldier Field, then Stanford. That is a pretty brutal stretch. These teams did not turn out to be what we thought they would. But notice something about every team ... each played in a bowl game (Miami opted out).

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.