Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1013141516171819202122 LastLast
    Recipes

Re: Saban: We're not running away from Teo

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    I wonder if Mosley in base might be an adjustment for this game because they throw to Riddick so often? He's been our best rush guy at ILB and he's the best cover guy too. I think he will see the field in more formations in this game. I hate to see Nico ride the pine a lot in his last game but unless Mosley gets ate up on interior runs...I think he needs to be on the field in almost every situation but goal-line and short yardage.
    I've had some of the same thoughts - that CJ might become more a part of the base. OTOH, as Marty says, we may see more of Nico in dime. I've seen some hints of this from some guys who actually see the practices. Knowing Saban, there'll be some surprises...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaJama17's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Awesome. IDK why Bama would run away from Teo in the first place. He is not the first great LB Alabama has played against this season.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Saban: We're not running away from Teo

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJama17 View Post
    Awesome. IDK why Bama would run away from Teo in the first place. He is not the first great LB Alabama has played against this season.
    Yep, that's what I've been saying the whole time.

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonForce View Post
    Notre Dame has played most of the year on defense with two safeties deep. If they do that we will gash them with the running game. If they bring their safeties in the box then we go over the top with AC. IMO Notre Dame has to sell out to stop the run or the pass. Whichever one they choose will leave the other open for big plays, but we still have to execute to take advantage of that.
    I believe Bama will be focused and will "execute" in the NCG but we hat a chance to blow things open early in the ATM game and failed to execute when the opportunity was presented. We also missed chances lat in the contest.
    Bama has played well in Bowl games, with one exception, under CNS and they will play well this year.
    ROLL TIDE

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Ran right at him didn't we?!

Sent from Jay's iPhone via Tapatalk

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post

I'm thinking "ran right over him" might be more accurate....
    The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office. Dwight D. Eisenhower

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post
    At, Over, and Through! RTR!
    "Bryant can take his'n and beat your'n, and then he can turn around and take your'n and beat his'n." -- Houston Oiler head coach Bum Phillips, a former player under Coach Bryant

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I couldn't find him because he was on his back the whole time. I wondered what happened to him.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonForce View Post
    Notre Dame has played most of the year on defense with two safeties deep. If they do that we will gash them with the running game. If they bring their safeties in the box then we go over the top with AC. IMO Notre Dame has to sell out to stop the run or the pass. Whichever one they choose will leave the other open for big plays, but we still have to execute to take advantage of that.
    Man... good call.
    Honey Badger can take what the Tide gives him and like it.

BamaNation Third Team RollTide_12's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Teo looked very average to weak in that game. He will have major problems at the next level. He would have had problems against many of the SEC teams.

BamaNation All-American CrimsonForce's Avatar
    My Mood
    Cool on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide_12 View Post
    Teo looked very average to weak in that game. He will have major problems at the next level. He would have had problems against many of the SEC teams.
    I wonder how far he will fall in the draft. I kinda feel sorry for him. Every time I have heard him speak he sounded like a good kid and humble person. Most of the attention he got was bestowed on him by the media, which really isn't his fault. His combine measurements and performance will be interesting. I doubt he measures well or has good strength/speed numbers.

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

As I figured, without his DL being able to dominate...he's just a guy who racks up a lot of tackles.

Sure tackles are good and all but not when they're all 5+ yards from the line of scrimmage.

As good as their D-Line was, he may not have been blocked all season. It's gotta be pretty easy to run around and make plays when you are unblocked. Bama's O-Line was good enough to get to the second level and put a hat on him... rendered him ineffective. Also, Bama's RBs just made him miss or ran through his tackles.

Overall, that situation reminds me of Brandon Spikes in the 2009 SECCG and Tyrann Mathieu in last year's BCS Championship Game. Bama seems to have a way to neutralize the other team's best defensive player. I love it.