Question: Saban: We're not running away from Teo

NDGiantsKings

Suspended
Dec 2, 2012
Teams have run away from Teo all season. We've run right at teams best all season. He will see a change, but we won't change at all.
Hoke, Shaw, Stoops, Kiffin etc aren't stupid no one comes with the gameplan of running away from Manti. Either way the game plan of running right at Manti sounds awesome on paper until you realize Manti plays behind a stud Nose Guard who has destroyed every offensive line this year.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Hoke, Shaw, Stoops, Kiffin etc aren't stupid no one comes with the gameplan of running away from Manti. Either way the game plan of running right at Manti sounds awesome on paper until you realize Manti plays behind a stud Nose Guard who has destroyed every offensive line this year.
the same NG and Dline that let a 5'9 190 lbs Pitt RB rushed for 172 yards???

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN
Right, but no one has really played bend don't break. That's what we are willing to do. I easily see them bringing in another player for run D. And we will play soft on the outsides and give up flat passes to your WR's. As long as our DB's have tackled as well as they have all year (watch first half of OU), the gameplan can work. Our D-line is not aggro. Watch the first half against BC - we were trying several different types of blitzes and movement and getting over-aggressive, but getting caught on screens and misdirections. In the second half, we got back to what we do best and got a little less aggro from our LB's.

We never give up big pass plays. We didn't give up any to D-Rob, Landry Jones, or to the two best WR's in the country. I'm not worried about big pass plays in this game. It's all if we stop the run. It will by far be the toughest game plan to execute all year. The closest is Stanford, but again, Bama is the toughest.

The one thing I noticed about A&M is Bama seemed to have given up on the run. When they did run, they were getting some good yardage, but in the 2nd half it was almost non-existent. Again, I'm not worried about big pass plays or our DB's getting caught behind the ball. I'm worried about Lacy and Yeldon busting some big ones early.
The entire SEC is bend but don't break because of so much talent across the board. No one can sell out and win.

ND had several long passes get by them and one specifically i remember was for over 50 yards. This was against a 1st time starting QB. Golson and Wittek averaged the same amount of pass yrds that game.

So resting your argument that a bend but no break defense and a superior double threat QB is a little weak.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
FriendlyIrish[QUOTE said:
We never give up big pass plays. We didn't give up any to D-Rob, Landry Jones, or to the two best WR's in the country.
Oh really?? did you forget the long pass from USC QB Witteck to Lee?? it was a 53 yard bomb inside ND 5 yard line.

Destroyed? The only teams I've seen them destroy are teams like Wake, Navy and Boston College. Oklahoma was right there, Michigan was right there, USCw was right there, Pitt should have won, Stanford should have won. So were is the destruction of an offensive line? Pitt's lil scat back had 170+ yards rushing. I don't see the destruction.

athlete37

Scout Team
Dec 13, 2012
I think it's safe to say everyone's starting to get anxious for them to tee this one up... lol. Merry Christmas Tide fans

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
I think most people deep-down believe Bama will win this game, but they have SEC fatigue, or even just Bama fatigue. People are trying to convince themselves that ND can stay in the game with us. There isn't much evidence to support this. However, there is plenty of evidence that Bama could pull away. People just don't want to accept it.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Te'o and Nix are certain NFL players. They're good but the gameplan can't be to simply avoid them because you play into their scheme on defense when you give up on the interior. Also, I don't get the disrespect Notre Dame gets here because they won ugly a lot...it's like nobody remember the '92 and '09 teams here.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Te'o and Nix are certain NFL players. They're good but the gameplan can't be to simply avoid them because you play into their scheme on defense when you give up on the interior. Also, I don't get the disrespect Notre Dame gets here because they won ugly a lot...it's like nobody remember the '92 and '09 teams here.
ND has had several more close calls this year than the Bama teams you referenced.

NDGiantsKings

Suspended
Dec 2, 2012
Destroyed? The only teams I've seen them destroy are teams like Wake, Navy and Boston College. Oklahoma was right there, Michigan was right there, USCw was right there, Pitt should have won, Stanford should have won. So were is the destruction of an offensive line? Pitt's lil scat back had 170+ yards rushing. I don't see the destruction.
Yes we have destroyed offenses. This D has only given up 9 touchdowns all year if thats not complete domination then I don't know what is. Our offense on the other hand is far from special.

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN
Actually ND lost to Stan, they just didnt get the L on record. I think they had replacement refs that game.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Eric Curry begs to differ. in a recent article on Tidesports.com, Curry said Bama actually blew away more teams than most fans seemed to remember. he said there were some close games, but not as close as the score indicated.

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Yes we have destroyed offenses. This D has only given up 9 touchdowns all year if thats not complete domination then I don't know what is. Our offense on the other hand is far from special.
You know your posts are just bragging, bordering on smack, and I'm getting tired of it, since we don't allow it. IF you have anything more intelligent than describing your guys ripping off the jerseys covering their Superman costumes, then post it. However, if this is the best you can do, stop, or I'll stop you...

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Either way, I'd rather err on the side of respect for the opponent than this diminishment game some seem set to play on here. Moore, Tuitt, Nix are all going to play in the NFL. Te'o is a surefire top 10 pick at ILB and Shembo may develop into an NFL player with his Senior season. They've got talent but so do we...that is why we play the games.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
You know your posts are just bragging, bordering on smack, and I'm getting tired of it, since we don't allow it. IF you have anything more intelligent than describing your guys ripping off the jerseys covering their Superman costumes, then post it. However, if this is the best you can do, stop, or I'll stop you...
FriendlyIrish has by and larged lived up to his tag and has been a worthwhile poster on here. I get the feeling that this guy and that dulac character have been goading for a flame war since they got here. I may be characterizing their posts more than they are intending...

I find it ridiculous that we let that go on here when IrishEnvy.com won't even let me validate my account before deleting it...and I'm certainly not the type to walk into somebody's house and try to start a fight.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.