Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast
Results 40 to 52 of 285
  1. #40
    BamaNation First Team
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    938

    Re: Saban: We're not running away from Teo

    Quote Originally Posted by FriendlyIrish View Post
    Right, but no one has really played bend don't break. That's what we are willing to do. I easily see them bringing in another player for run D. And we will play soft on the outsides and give up flat passes to your WR's. As long as our DB's have tackled as well as they have all year (watch first half of OU), the gameplan can work. Our D-line is not aggro. Watch the first half against BC - we were trying several different types of blitzes and movement and getting over-aggressive, but getting caught on screens and misdirections. In the second half, we got back to what we do best and got a little less aggro from our LB's.

    We never give up big pass plays. We didn't give up any to D-Rob, Landry Jones, or to the two best WR's in the country. I'm not worried about big pass plays in this game. It's all if we stop the run. It will by far be the toughest game plan to execute all year. The closest is Stanford, but again, Bama is the toughest.

    The one thing I noticed about A&M is Bama seemed to have given up on the run. When they did run, they were getting some good yardage, but in the 2nd half it was almost non-existent. Again, I'm not worried about big pass plays or our DB's getting caught behind the ball. I'm worried about Lacy and Yeldon busting some big ones early.
    First of all it's good to see a friendly opposing view, so thanks for posting.

    I don't know about bend-don't-break as a good strategy since Bama's offense is patient and methodical. If we can get 2-3 yards per run and be in 3rd 4-5 we can move the chains on anybody. However, don't ever think we aren't content with field goals and relying on our defense if TD's are hard to come by, just look at our games with LSU.

    On the other hand I think ND's secondary is just as weak, if not weaker, than everyone, including ND fans thought they would be pre-season. If Bama doesn't exploit that weakness early and often I'll be much surprised.

    ND's run defense will be as good as advertised but we were able to run the ball effectively against LSU, who's defense I'd put ahead of ND's overall because of their secondary and depth. LSU also had a top tier LB corp and Minter of that group would be pretty close to Manti Te'o, just less media coverage.

  2. Advertisement
  3. #41

    Re: Saban: We're not running away from Teo

    Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post
    Teams have run away from Teo all season. We've run right at teams best all season. He will see a change, but we won't change at all.
    Hoke, Shaw, Stoops, Kiffin etc aren't stupid no one comes with the gameplan of running away from Manti. Either way the game plan of running right at Manti sounds awesome on paper until you realize Manti plays behind a stud Nose Guard who has destroyed every offensive line this year.

  4. #42

    Re: Saban: We're not running away from Teo

    Quote Originally Posted by NDGiantsKings View Post
    ..... a stud Nose Guard who has destroyed every offensive line this year.
    ????????????????????? What games did you see?????????

  5. #43
    BamaNation All-American sanjosecrimson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    San Jose, California
    Posts
    3,466
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

    Re: Saban: We're not running away from Teo

    Quote Originally Posted by NDGiantsKings View Post
    Hoke, Shaw, Stoops, Kiffin etc aren't stupid no one comes with the gameplan of running away from Manti. Either way the game plan of running right at Manti sounds awesome on paper until you realize Manti plays behind a stud Nose Guard who has destroyed every offensive line this year.
    the same NG and Dline that let a 5'9 190 lbs Pitt RB rushed for 172 yards???

  6. #44
    BamaNation First Team RollinTider1335's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Spring Hill, TN
    Posts
    542
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    Saban: We're not running away from Teo

    Quote Originally Posted by FriendlyIrish View Post
    Right, but no one has really played bend don't break. That's what we are willing to do. I easily see them bringing in another player for run D. And we will play soft on the outsides and give up flat passes to your WR's. As long as our DB's have tackled as well as they have all year (watch first half of OU), the gameplan can work. Our D-line is not aggro. Watch the first half against BC - we were trying several different types of blitzes and movement and getting over-aggressive, but getting caught on screens and misdirections. In the second half, we got back to what we do best and got a little less aggro from our LB's.

    We never give up big pass plays. We didn't give up any to D-Rob, Landry Jones, or to the two best WR's in the country. I'm not worried about big pass plays in this game. It's all if we stop the run. It will by far be the toughest game plan to execute all year. The closest is Stanford, but again, Bama is the toughest.

    The one thing I noticed about A&M is Bama seemed to have given up on the run. When they did run, they were getting some good yardage, but in the 2nd half it was almost non-existent. Again, I'm not worried about big pass plays or our DB's getting caught behind the ball. I'm worried about Lacy and Yeldon busting some big ones early.
    The entire SEC is bend but don't break because of so much talent across the board. No one can sell out and win.

    ND had several long passes get by them and one specifically i remember was for over 50 yards. This was against a 1st time starting QB. Golson and Wittek averaged the same amount of pass yrds that game.

    So resting your argument that a bend but no break defense and a superior double threat QB is a little weak.

  7. #45
    BamaNation All-American sanjosecrimson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    San Jose, California
    Posts
    3,466
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

    Re: Saban: We're not running away from Teo

    Quote Originally Posted by FriendlyIrish[QUOTE
    We never give up big pass plays. We didn't give up any to D-Rob, Landry Jones, or to the two best WR's in the country.
    Oh really?? did you forget the long pass from USC QB Witteck to Lee?? it was a 53 yard bomb inside ND 5 yard line.

  8. #46
    BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    Posts
    18,866
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com
    Thread Starter

    Saban: We're not running away from Teo

    Quote Originally Posted by NDGiantsKings View Post
    Hoke, Shaw, Stoops, Kiffin etc aren't stupid no one comes with the gameplan of running away from Manti. Either way the game plan of running right at Manti sounds awesome on paper until you realize Manti plays behind a stud Nose Guard who has destroyed every offensive line this year.
    Destroyed? The only teams I've seen them destroy are teams like Wake, Navy and Boston College. Oklahoma was right there, Michigan was right there, USCw was right there, Pitt should have won, Stanford should have won. So were is the destruction of an offensive line? Pitt's lil scat back had 170+ yards rushing. I don't see the destruction.
    ROLL TIDE!

  9. #47

    Re: Saban: We're not running away from Teo

    I think it's safe to say everyone's starting to get anxious for them to tee this one up... lol. Merry Christmas Tide fans

  10. #48
    BamaNation All-American colbysullivan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Pensacola, Florida, United States
    Posts
    2,222

    Saban: We're not running away from Teo

    I think most people deep-down believe Bama will win this game, but they have SEC fatigue, or even just Bama fatigue. People are trying to convince themselves that ND can stay in the game with us. There isn't much evidence to support this. However, there is plenty of evidence that Bama could pull away. People just don't want to accept it.

  11. #49
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    7,706
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    Re: Saban: We're not running away from Teo

    Te'o and Nix are certain NFL players. They're good but the gameplan can't be to simply avoid them because you play into their scheme on defense when you give up on the interior. Also, I don't get the disrespect Notre Dame gets here because they won ugly a lot...it's like nobody remember the '92 and '09 teams here.

  12. #50
    BamaNation All-American colbysullivan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Pensacola, Florida, United States
    Posts
    2,222

    Saban: We're not running away from Teo

    Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    Te'o and Nix are certain NFL players. They're good but the gameplan can't be to simply avoid them because you play into their scheme on defense when you give up on the interior. Also, I don't get the disrespect Notre Dame gets here because they won ugly a lot...it's like nobody remember the '92 and '09 teams here.
    ND has had several more close calls this year than the Bama teams you referenced.

  13. #51

    Re: Saban: We're not running away from Teo

    Quote Originally Posted by sanjosecrimson View Post
    the same NG and Dline that let a 5'9 190 lbs Pitt RB rushed for 172 yards???
    He had 2 long runs(neither one was up the middle) and was pretty much shut down.

  14. #52
    BamaNation All-American colbysullivan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Pensacola, Florida, United States
    Posts
    2,222

    Saban: We're not running away from Teo

    Quote Originally Posted by NDGiantsKings View Post
    He had 2 long runs(neither one was up the middle) and was pretty much shut down.
    That's true. I was watching the game with my dad and saw Graham's stats at one point in the 3rd quarter and was like, "When did that happen?".

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
'Gear UP! Get your University of Alabama Crimson Tide National Championship & Football Dynasty Gear!