Question: Saban: We're not running away from Teo

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
As I figured, without his DL being able to dominate...he's just a guy who racks up a lot of tackles.

Sure tackles are good and all but not when they're all 5+ yards from the line of scrimmage.
I may be mistaken but looking at national stats last week, Teo was not in the top 50 tacklers in the country.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Every time I have heard him speak he sounded like a good kid and humble person. Most of the attention he got was bestowed on him by the media, which really isn't his fault.
Funny you should mention that....................seems his dad does not approve of the hometown newspaper using a picture of him being "bowled over".

http://network.yardbarker.com/college_football/article_external
/manti_teos_father_blacklists_hawaii_newspaper_over_headline_and_photo/12641659

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Funny you should mention that....................seems his dad does not approve of the hometown newspaper using a picture of him being "bowled over".

To be honest, if I were in the same exact situation I would be doing that also. They had hundreds of photos they could have used and seems rather classless for his hometown paper had to choose that one.

rolltideallday

1st Team
Dec 18, 2011
Tuscaloosa, AL
Yeah but he is also the hometown player, who went to the Heisman presentation and was the symbol of that team. Of course they were going to use a picture of him and there weren't many good ones that would portray how much we dominated. If he didn't miss so many tackles like that maybe they could've used a better picture?

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
They can't have it both ways.
Hero or Goat. It's supposed to be the job of the press to report what happened.

Dad was miffed because of the 'Bug Meet Windshield' thing.:)

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003

I popped over to that site, and it looks like he might've pulled it down... probably because everyone else was telling him that basically, that's all Lacy was doing ALL GAME. It was honest.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Someone please tell Diddy Te'o this type of coverage comes with the territory. Does he want his son to be a nationally known football player? If so, he better prepare himself and his family for the negative parts, too.

BillDee

3rd Team
Sep 7, 2010
Athens, GA
www.BillDunston.com
I feel somewhat sorry for the guy (Teo). He was a media-made creation that didn't live up to the hype. It was like a fighter being touted as the best ever, and then getting knocked out when he ran into some real opposition. Oh, well. The media with have another darling next season.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
The picture and caption pretty well encapsulated the game. Sounds like someone can't handle the two-way street of fame: they'll build a mythic narrative when you succeed and tear you down like a house of cards when you fail.

Look at Peyton Manning this weekend. He didn't have a great game but he was hardly the place where all the blame rests for the loss. Is that how it has played in the media? Heck no. He's a star, he shows off more products than a Price is Right girl, and he's the quarterback. He gets all the credit in the wins (that Super Bowl MVP where Rhodes and Addai dominated) and all the agony in defeat (when his defenses have consistently let him down).

Last edited:

DC Tide

1st Team
Sep 13, 2007
I would recommend that TideFans readers check out this blog post from the editor of the Decatur Daily, enjoy it, and uprate it if you like it. I know I did.

Atl_CrimsonLady

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 14, 2009
So I ventured over to Manti's fb page and saw this hilarious comment lol

Tim Graveman Missed you during the game, I did hear you mentioned in a tackle when the 2nd string was put in.
Saturday at 5:38pm

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL
So I am hearing some things that LSU is a better D, and if we are not better than LSU we most likely won't win...

I'd say there are probably 2-3 teams in CFB that have a chance of winning in Death Valley with what you guys had at stake. It is an impressive win. In any case, this site provides some good stats. It is purely opponent-adjusted, and is very reputable. The best defense you all have faced is LSU at 12, and they held you to 331 and 21 points. If LSU can do that, I see no reason why ND can. With opponent adjusted statistics, we are the best defense you will face all year.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/feidef2012
I will never tire of this thread. Never.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
I will never tire of this thread. Never.
I can't get on FriendlyIrish too hard because he is a great guest, but this reminds me of the Texas fans in 2009 bragging about their #1 ranked rushing offense. Year after year it is proven that stats outside the SEC are meaningless. In our last 3 bowls against OOC opponents, Texas, Michigan State, and ND all had very highly ranked defenses, and in each of the games Bama had multiple 100 yard rushers, and scored 37, 49, and 42 points respectively. You could go back and put our last 4 teams in the BIG conference, and we would have had the #1 offense (and top 10 nationally) and the #1 defense each of those years.that's how much That's a tough pill to swallow for other conferences, but they have yet to prove it otherwise.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.