2012 Hawaii Bowl SMU vs Fresno State

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
holidays, multiple days off work, beer, steaks.. hopefully i get an entertaining game here. for those of you not in the know Garrett Gilbert (backup who came in for Colt McCoy against us) is the QB for SMU

Last edited:

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
got some decent pro prospect on each side. Derek Carr of Fresno was supposedly by some scouts to be ahead of AJ if he had come out. They also have a good Safety in Thomas. I'm pretty sure he's among the nation leaders in INT's this year. SMU has that huge dude at DE and the FB. All 4 will be off the draft board by the 4th round i think

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
got some decent pro prospect on each side. Derek Carr of Fresno was supposedly by some scouts to be ahead of AJ if he had come out. They also have a good Safety in Thomas. I'm pretty sure he's among the nation leaders in INT's this year. SMU has that huge dude at DE and the FB. All 4 will be off the draft board by the 4th round i think
Derrick Carr will probably stay for his senior year next year. They said in pregame that he might be a Heisman candidate if he does. I was fully expecting an offensive shootout in this game, but so far neither defense is looking like a pushover.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
Pretty good run by Gilbert. It speaks to the athleticism of our defense in '09, because coming into today I had no idea that Gilbert was considered to be an athletic quarterback. Against us he looked like a stick back in the backfield.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
i'm a bit surprised Fresno hasnt been able to move the ball better.i expect them to take the lead and slowly pull away though
I've had a nagging suspicion all day that SMU might pull off the upset in this one, unfortunately I didn't listen to it in pick'em. I actually changed my pick to Fresno last second, and doubled the idiocy by giving it a full 35 confidence points. It's not looking good for me so far.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
I've had a nagging suspicion all day that SMU might pull off the upset in this one, unfortunately I didn't listen to it in pick'em. I actually changed my pick to Fresno last second, and doubled the idiocy by giving it a full 35 confidence points. It's not looking good for me so far.
well, so far SMU has ALL the momentum. could have a good game here. see what Mr Carr is made of

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
How did Gilbert not succeed at Texas? He is a heckuva lot better that either Ash or McCoy, yet if you listen to the Texas fans and they'll tell you he is the worst that has ever worn a Texas uniform. He's showing good athleticism, and a pretty strong arm thus far.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
How did Gilbert not succeed at Texas? He is a heckuva lot better that either Ash or McCoy, yet if you listen to the Texas fans and they'll tell you he is the worst that has ever worn a Texas uniform. He's showing good athleticism, and a pretty strong arm thus far.
He was terrible in 2010 when starting for Texas. Turnover machine.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
What a spectacular catch!! Geez, that was Prothro-esque. One handed in the corner of the endzone, trapping the ball against the defenders helment. That will be on sportscenter.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.