Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    BamaNation First Team

Question who will stand with the Tide for the BCS game

who do you think will pull for the Tide against ND. some, or none of the SEC...ND haters? It appears that ESPN has gone to bed with the Domers, plus the talk of SEC fatigue. Are we standing alone. What's your thoughts?

MEERY CHRISTMAS to the Tide nation!
    "You don't have to have a good memory if you are truthful"

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

Re: who will stand with the Tide for the BCS game

We will get some love from OU fans. Some USCfans will also send love.
    Raj: Excuse me, I can't be drinking, I'm about to make an important scientific discovery here!
    Howard:What? Galileo did his best work while drinking wine!
    Raj: How do you know that?
    Howard: He was Italian, it's a reasonable assumption.
    Raj: Dude, can you even open your mouth without saying a cultural stereotype?
    Howard: I'm sorry Galileo drank diet sprite!

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

who will stand with the Tide for the BCS game

I expect it to be more going for ND but not as many as the media wants us to believe.
    ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation Second Team
    Here in Oklahoma, they are sick of the SEC, but "ANYONE BUT NOTRE DAME" seems to be the predominate feeling.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

who will stand with the Tide for the BCS game

Quote Originally Posted by Sagamore Bill View Post
    Here in Oklahoma, they are sick of the SEC, but "ANYONE BUT NOTRE DAME" seems to be the predominate feeling.
    Really?
    ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation First Team AgentAntiOrange's Avatar
    My Mood
    Suspicious on TideFans.com

Yes. ND is more universally hated than we are.
    Be Good Or Be Gone

“I just put them on the coffee table for recruits to look at”
    -Coach Saban when asked if he wears his championship rings.

'Im sorry, folks outside of SEC country, but a few facts are incontrovertible. They smoke better barbecue than you. Their women are prettier than your women. They play football better than your schools play football.
    -Andy Stiles, Sports Illustrated, after the 42-14 beat down of ND

BamaNation First Team

We might be alone but that is nothing new. We love each other.

BamaNation First Team im4uainva's Avatar
    My Mood
    Vilified on TideFans.com

I was discussing this with one of my clients last week and he felt that Bama should win but he is pulling for ND because, as we all know, the Nation is tiring of the SEC dominance. I told him I understood his sentiments, but I, for one, am pleased in being in this position. I think it is natural for them to feel this way and I remember feeling like that in the 90's over the 'Bugeaters' (Nebraska). It is also why I care not for the Yankees, or the Cowboys. Human nature seems to lean towards the underdog against a dominating winner moreso than not. I will, however, try to present an aura of class about Bama's and the SEC's success and not come off as arrogant or 'cocky'. I just want to enjoy this ride while it lasts. Thanks Bama!
    Roll Tsunami, Roll...A'ight!

BamaNation First Team
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Most of Nebraska is pulling for bama because they dont like the fact Notre Dame is "too scared" to play in a conference and gets rewarded for it. But also most Midwest states outside of Illinoise and Indiana cant stand Notre Dame, its kinda like in the south noone can stand Bama outside of the state of Alabama and some parts of Mississippi
    “There's not too much to say. Alabama thoroughly beat us. They are a better team. They were coached better, they played better, and they looked like they will have a big season. They have a heck of a team.”
    Steve Spurrier

BamaNation First Team AgentAntiOrange's Avatar
    My Mood
    Suspicious on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by im4uainva View Post
    I will, however, try to present an aura of class about Bama's and the SEC's success and not come off as arrogant or 'cocky'. I just want to enjoy this ride while it lasts. Thanks Bama!
    Roll Tsunami, Roll...A'ight!
    This. I talk a little smack prior to big games out here in BigXII country but never after. I never say anything about losses other than, "we just didn't play well enough to win"....and never rub wins in anybody's face even if it's a BCS title game. What our players and coaches accomplish on the field speaks for itself, imo, and as long as we play hard then I can be satisfied with the results and thankful for the wins. As a fan born in the early 70's much of my time following the Tide has been between the CPB and CNS eras and has had it's share of humbling moments. I'm truly enjoying how CNS has transformed us back into winners both on the scoreboard and off of it.
    Last edited by AgentAntiOrange; December 25th, 2012 at 10:07 AM.
    Be Good Or Be Gone

“I just put them on the coffee table for recruits to look at”
    -Coach Saban when asked if he wears his championship rings.

'Im sorry, folks outside of SEC country, but a few facts are incontrovertible. They smoke better barbecue than you. Their women are prettier than your women. They play football better than your schools play football.
    -Andy Stiles, Sports Illustrated, after the 42-14 beat down of ND

BamaNation All-American banjeaux's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by im4uainva View Post
    I will, however, try to present an aura of class about Bama's and the SEC's success and not come off as arrogant or 'cocky'.
    Indeed, that is difficult to pull off.

I live in LSU Country. Before last BCS Championship, my Tiger friends and acquaintances were leery of Bama in a rematch. I reminded them that Coach Miles had beaten Saban two straight and they were ranked #1. I could only assure that the Crimson Tide would show up. All along I was confident that the Tide would roll. After our win, I told them they were still ahead 2 out of 3.

Oh! That arrogant and cocky stuff, I blame on students and other immature fans. Yes, Rammer Jammer is taunting & tacky. I only participate when we beat Viles and AllBarn. Then, I belt it out with the best. Okay. When we beat Notre Dame, I'll join in Rammer Jammer, with the loudest!
    Oh, Susanna. Oh, don't you cry for me, for I come from Alabama with a banjeaux on my knee. G'wan to Louisiana my true love for to see.

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

tOSU fans hate the Fighting Irish.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

BamaNation All-American

Other than the fanbases of the two schools, I'm not sure either will get much love from anyone.

We're both hated for the same reasons -- huge success, sustained over decades. We've both had extended dark periods, and enemies of both programs thought we were both dead and buried. Then, both experienced a resurgence, and the rest of the college football world is worried.

But because of the SEC fatigue that other conferences and even the "neutral" talking heads don't even pretend to hide any more (look for multiple replays of Dial's hit on Murray, along with criticism of the SEC office for not suspending him), I think ND will have more fans nationwide than we will.

Michigan, Michigan State, USCw and tOSU fans might half-heartedly root for us, but they really wish the whole stadium would just implode on both teams.

SEC rivals? Fuggeddabowdit. They might root for each other, but when it comes to Alabama, they wish us nothing but death. Might get some genuine love from Oklahoma or Penn State fans, but that'll be about it.
    Undefeated World Champion Threadkiller