who will stand with the Tide for the BCS game

Sabine Free Sta

BamaNation Citizen
Jul 3, 2012
I was discussing this with one of my clients last week and he felt that Bama should win but he is pulling for ND because, as we all know, the Nation is tiring of the SEC dominance. I told him I understood his sentiments, but I, for one, am pleased in being in this position. I think it is natural for them to feel this way and I remember feeling like that in the 90's over the 'Bugeaters' (Nebraska). It is also why I care not for the Yankees, or the Cowboys. Human nature seems to lean towards the underdog against a dominating winner moreso than not. I will, however, try to present an aura of class about Bama's and the SEC's success and not come off as arrogant or 'cocky'. I just want to enjoy this ride while it lasts. Thanks Bama!
Roll Tsunami, Roll...A'ight! :BigA:

I remember the results of a poll some years ago regarding the most liked and the most hated NFL teams. It seems the Dallas Cowboys were first in both cases. I think of Notre Dame in the same terms.

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
Swearengin, Alabama, United States
The average knowledgeable,(mature), Nebraska, Oklahoma and S. Cal. fan will understand when a team is having a dynasty type run because they have all been there. So while there may be jealousy and some tinge of hate, none of them would like to see Notre Dames resurgence. They know Bama is there now but God help us if Notre Dame gets back there! ;)

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I'd guess in the SEC that the Barn and Tennessee would definitely be against us. The combination of anti-Saban bias and lots of Catholics down there will put LSU in the Comers corner. Kentucky and Missouri will be watching a basketball game.

Georgia may be for us so they can say they lost to the national champions, also they hate the Barn as much as we do so we have that bond. The Mississippi schools and A&M will be in our corner if they care about the game at all. The rest probably don't care much at all.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
One of the elders at my church is a 1962 graduate of Michigan. He came up to me the morning after we beat UGA and whispered with a determined and hard handshake: "Beat Notre Dame!"

James Eagle

1st Team
Aug 9, 2011
North Georgia
I could not care less about who is or is not pulling for Bama. The Crimson Tide does not need their love but they should be respectful because the Tide has certainly earned that.

I could not care less about who is or is not pulling for Bama. The Crimson Tide does not need their love but they should be respectful because the Tide has certainly earned that.
Nail on the head!!

I think there are those that will root for us and those that will root for them. They are reaching an Auburn/LSU level of dislike with me. I don't care so much who'll be rooting for who as long as we win.

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
There is a big ND presense in my church, especually one of the preists. How sweet would if be if he was giving communion on Jan 13th and i go up wearing one of my Alabama sweatshirts! Preist, the body of christ, me Roll Tide, I mean Amen!

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.