who will stand with the Tide for the BCS game

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
B1G fans have a long standing hatred for all things Notre Dame. I wouldn't go so far as to say that this will translate into any love for Alabama, but in this game they (we) will be pulling for a Notre Dame loss. As most of you know, I have been pulling for Alabama all season, but this is not the norm around here.

Last edited:

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Just the fact that NBC is bedded down with ND should send a loud and clear signal to the rest of the country. :)

I suspect that of our SEC brethren, the teams that win their bowl games will likely be in an SEC mood on Jan. 7. Teams like Mittippi Tate, if they lose, will be mad at the world and probably call for a Domer win. I know a lot of State fans and when they lose the world sucks. :)

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
I figure it's BAMA against the world, because just about everyone is tired of the SEC winning. We had a party down here on the 23rd for my son, (2011 BAMA grad), and his high school buddies, (all LSU). 2 out of 10 LSU guys said they were pulling for BAMA. The others just hate BAMA so much they just can't pull for us. Krymsonman

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I'm headed to Baton Rouge tomorrow and will be there through Saturday. I'm planning to wear a Bama shirt to see what kind of reaction I get. I'll try to get a feel of what people think while I'm there.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Will all the Barners whining because we weren't all pulling for them against Oregon be supporting us in this game?

Crimson57s

1st Team
Aug 18, 2012
I agree with Krymsonman. It's pretty much us against the world at this point. BUT, I'd rather have a bunch of crystal footballs in the case and be hated, than go back to being mediocre!

CaptainTide

Scout Team
Apr 16, 2011
Mobile, AL
I know most of Aggie nation is pulling for us in this one.
A lot of ND rivals will probably root for us.
Teams that lost to ND this year will most likely be cheering for Bama, too.

pensacolabay

Nov 29, 2012
Atlanta
I am having a game watch at my house and I have 2 OU fans and a UTenn fan and all are big time fans of their
respective schools and all are strongly pulling for ND. The OU fans because they are tired of hearing how great the SEC
is and the Tennessee fan for obvious reasons.
FWIW we all live in ATL

Purely anecdotal but I also have friends in PNS who are for ND as well.

I think we both can find fans on both sides of the issue. Both ND and UA have haters and lovers. It is what you get when you
beat a lot of teams over a long period of time.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
who do you think will pull for the Tide against ND. some, or none of the SEC...ND haters? It appears that ESPN has gone to bed with the Domers, plus the talk of SEC fatigue. Are we standing alone. What's your thoughts?

MEERY CHRISTMAS to the Tide nation!
I bet pretty much all Bama fans will pull for them...
;)

other than that, i dont think it matters at all.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.