Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Re: The Advocate Baton Rouge: 5 reasons LSU should leave SEC

Another "the league office is in Birmingham so Alabama benefits unfairly." Funny - how then did we get SIX games against opponents with an off week in 2010? I'm assuming the league office is in Birmingham because that was centrally located before expansion in 92.
    I'll always look back as I walk away
    This memory will last for eternity
    And all of our tears will be lost in the rain
    Til I find my way back to your arms again

Only a few people in the world have the ability to remember everything. I'm one of them. Pick any day of my life, and I can tell you what I saw or heard.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team 1958againbear's Avatar

I'm really sorry about their arbitrary imbalanced schedule that gives them a bye week every year before they play us.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

My Mood
    Paranoid on TideFans.com

Re: Five reasons LSU should stick with the SEC

Quote Originally Posted by chattabama12 View Post
    Hopefully the SEC gets this schedule thing straightened out. lSU will never leave the conference but, I can understand their frustration with the schedule the last two years.
    What? Alabama not only caught the rough side of the schedule in the past, they had to do it while facing team after team (including LSU) coming off a bye.

There's nothing wrong with the schedule. Alabama won the national championship having the #2 SoS in the nation. Who was LSU's OOC this year? It was Washington. This is a manufactured issue. The only thing I hate more than the media saying drivel like this is when Alabama fans get suckered into believing it. There will be easier and more difficult years, that's just how it goes. Was Alabama whining when they had to face Peyton Manning each year?

Alabama's SoS was 33, LSU's was 28. Fix what?

If LSU actually was stupid enough to try and follow Tulane, go for it... I just can't believe any Alabama fans are chirping along with them.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

They'd probably do just as well in the Big XII as they do in the SEC. But they'd be seen as the unwanted stepchild rather than an equal.

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

The only point I agree with is dropping the permanent cross division rivalry, it is a relic in the new era of college football.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

What a whiner. As Mama used to say, "fair" is the place you eat cotton candy. Scheduling cuts both ways-- when was the last time LSU played Alabama without a bye week?

My Mood
    Cool on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by KrAzY3 View Post
    What? Alabama not only caught the rough side of the schedule in the past, they had to do it while facing team after team (including LSU) coming off a bye.

There's nothing wrong with the schedule. Alabama won the national championship having the #2 SoS in the nation. Who was LSU's OOC this year? It was Washington. This is a manufactured issue. The only thing I hate more than the media saying drivel like this is when Alabama fans get suckered into believing it. There will be easier and more difficult years, that's just how it goes. Was Alabama whining when they had to face Peyton Manning each year?

If LSU actually was stupid enough to try and follow Tulane, go for it... I just can't believe any Alabama fans are chirping along with them.
    I normally agree with your posts but you are wrong here and we had a bye before the LSU game. When we had that scheduling conflict every day someone would posts here complaining about it. We complained and they changed it. This guy should complain just as we would if the schedules were reversed. I have Crimson colored glasses but not to the point I can't tell when someone has a legitimate beef. LSU played 4 teams in the final top 10 of the BCS poll one of them being us. We played 2 one of them being them. As an Alabama, fan for having another chance to win a title, we could not ask for a better schedule than the one we have.

BamaNation First Team RollinTider1335's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

The Advocate Baton Rouge: 5 reasons LSU should leave SEC

Weren't the who's bragging endlessly about their difficult schedule last year? They seemed fine with the "challenge" until the last game of the season which resulted in a L.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by KrAzY3 View Post

I swear man, you make more sense than 99% of us on here. Roll Tide and I fully agree with you!

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical View Post
    I normally agree with your posts but you are wrong here and we had a bye before the LSU game. When we had that scheduling conflict every day someone would posts here complaining about it. We complained and they changed it. This guy should complain just as we would if the schedules were reversed. I have Crimson colored glasses but not to the point I can't tell when someone has a legitimate beef. LSU played 4 teams in the final top 10 of the BCS poll one of them being us. We played 2 one of them being them. As an Alabama, fan for having another chance to win a title, we could not ask for a better schedule than the one we have.
    We didn't have a bye this year. We played Mississippi State right after UcheaT. Then we play LSU.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by selmaborntidefan View Post
    Another "the league office is in Birmingham so Alabama benefits unfairly." Funny - how then did we get SIX games against opponents with an off week in 2010? I'm assuming the league office is in Birmingham because that was centrally located before expansion in 92.
    I read somewhere after the last expansion the geographic center of the SEC was somewhere near Cullman.

BamaNation All-American ALA2262's Avatar

The permanent cross divisional thingy makes me so angry I could chew nails. From 1953 to 1991(38years); with the exception of 1968, 1969, and 1970; LSU, with no gun to their head and no one twisting their arm, played Florida when they made out their own schedules. Wonder why the SEC, in 1992, might have thought they were rivals?

As for Tennessee, there is ONLY ONE FBS team, and it sure as h*** isn't Florida, that has NEVER EVER lost 8 games in a season. That would be Tennessee. There is ONLY ONE SEC team, and it sure as h*** isn't Florida, that is facing, this coming season, for the FIRST TIME IN THEIR HISTORY, a fourth consecutive losing season. That would be Tennessee. I wouldn't bet on them having a losing season, much less losing 8 games.

My Mood
    Paranoid on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical View Post
    The bye week was something that could be remedied. It was an issue because it allowed for selective manipulation. The SEC made a rule that went against Alabama in regards to bye weeks as well. Alabama and Auburn moved their bye week after the game, giving them a bye before the SEC championship. The SEC acted to end this practice. I understand both rulings because bye weeks can be manipulative.

The scheduling issue is something that has existed the whole time. Alabama played Tennessee through the Fulmer years, and no one here wanted to leave the SEC over it did they? Fulmer was 155-52 at Tennessee. This was no easy match-up. Tennessee is the 10th ranked all time football program, Florida is the 12th. Florida has a good year and all of the sudden it's some sort of a conspiracy?

No, I'm not buying it. The bye weeks as I said allowed for intentional manipulation and Alabama got caught on both sides of the issue. The rivalry game? The only program with more to complain about than Tennessee is Florida. LSU is the all time 9th ranked program, but ironically I don't hear Florida whining about it either.

The schedules are a fluid thing. For instance, did you know that in the 1990s Alabama played Florida 9 times? 9 times and this wasn't even a rivalry game! LSU, or rather LSU media is trying to manufacture an issue here. Did any of us fans talk about leaving the SEC over the bye week issue? The irony is, what all this talk is ultimately pushing for is a 9 game SEC schedule that will be more difficult for everyone (and would still have rotating games)! As I showed, the SoS difference between LSU this year and Alabama was negligible. It's not a valid complaint because it's something every team in the conference has to periodically deal with.

We've all been there. The schedule comes out and we go oh, that's tough. Or it comes out and we go oh, that's not so bad. Then as the season progresses things change. You can't even tell who will be good or bad in most cases, it is luck of the draw. It always has been, but generally speaking the better teams prove themselves. We know what happened this year, Alabama went on the road and beat LSU. Had they not done that, LSU would probably be playing in the championship game, but Alabama won! The schedule didn't do that, Alabama did.