Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BamaNation First Team

Re: The Advocate Baton Rouge: 5 reasons LSU should leave SEC

Just a friendly comment...a journalist in Baton Rouge wrote an article, the content of which may or may not reflect the feelings and beliefs of any LSU fans, administrators, players, coaches, etc. When we jump on here and make comments like "I can't believe these corndogs...", or "LSU should stop whining...", it is the same thing as if LSU fans took everything Paul Finebaum says to be the unified voice of the Alabama nation.

Just a thought

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar
    My Mood
    Bookworm on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by BamaSully View Post
    Just a friendly comment...a journalist in Baton Rouge wrote an article, the content of which may or may not reflect the feelings and beliefs of any LSU fans, administrators, players, coaches, etc. When we jump on here and make comments like "I can't believe these corndogs...", or "LSU should stop whining...", it is the same thing as if LSU fans took everything Paul Finebaum says to be the unified voice of the Alabama nation.

Just a thought
    There you go again, bringing reason to an emotional argument. How dare you!
    :13

The article sounds like he is saying "Its Christmas, I'm bored so I'll write this article just to stir things up".

BamaNation All-American colbysullivan's Avatar

The Advocate Baton Rouge: 5 reasons LSU should leave SEC

Just a thought
    Fair enough. As I was typing it, I thought about saying "this corndog" instead of "these". Hindsight is 50/50, or something like that.

BamaNation All-SEC KrimsonNinja's Avatar
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

the Tigers also have to play at Georgia and host Florida, teams that tied for first in the SEC East this past season with 7-1 marks.
    Alabama’s two opponents out of the East? Tennessee in Tuscaloosa and Kentucky on the road, teams that went a combined 1-15 in conference play and are breaking in new coaches.
    Tennessee is a permanent Eastern opponent. There's not much Alabama can do about it. As for Kentucky, it's called rotation. Again, Alabama doesn't have much control over the Eastern opponents they play every year. Alabama can't control how good their opponents are either.

LSU is saddled with Florida as its permanent opponent, while Alabama has Tennessee.
    Tennessee has been Alabama's permanent opponent for many years.

The football scheduling plan comes out of an SEC office in Birmingham, Ala., that fairly or not has long been seen as being too close to the Alabama campus — geographically and philosophically — for the rest of the conference’s good.
    "It's a conspiracy I tell ya! They workin' for dem bammers" That's how I perceived this quote.

Instead of crying about what another team is doing, how about they focus on what's best for them? Man up and take the hand you're dealt.
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - George Orwell

It's official, we have a new little brother.
    15 and counting

If we put the SEC office in New Orleans, would that make him happy?

BamaNation All-American colbysullivan's Avatar

The Advocate Baton Rouge: 5 reasons LSU should leave SEC

After reading the 2nd link about why they should stay in the SEC, I realized this is nothing more than him stirring the pot during the Christmas season. Remember when journalism actually meant something?

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson1967 View Post
    If we put the SEC office in New Orleans, would that make him happy?
    No, we just play the Sugar Bowl there... and, of course it was fair when Alabama had to play LSU for the national championship in New Orleans.

It was also fair when Alabama had to go to Atlanta to play Georgia in the SEC championship. They moved it out of Birmingham, ok fine that made sense. But, it was never a conspiracy and it's not a conspiracy against Alabama that they have to play the SECCG and the Sugar Bowl outside the state of Alabama. It's just typical grass is always greener stuff.
    Last edited by KrAzY3; December 25th, 2012 at 02:58 PM.

Other than the Bama game in Tuscaloosa, LSU went thru their SEC schedule like a knife thru hot butter last season. This year Florida is a big surprise and Bama pulls out a last minute win against them. 2 SEC regular season losses in 2 years is so unfair! You know! That equals Bama's regular season losses the past 2 years! We are both being screwed!!!

Just a thought
    Agree....though LSU has said that they want to stop playing Florida every year.
    (Just a note....Tennessee has historically been much better than Florida).
    Bama 867-314-44 72.6% On the field

23 SEC CHAMPIONSHIPS

I cannot reply without getting banned. Something to do with their manhood
    "Never stand and take a charge. Charge them back!"--Nathan Bedford Forrest

If LSU had beat us they would have won the west. The rest of schedule had nothing to do with that.