Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 40 to 52 of 85
  1. #40
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    8,268
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    Re: The Advocate Baton Rouge: 5 reasons LSU should leave SEC

    When it comes down to it, Alabama had to play Tennessee every year when they were a powerhouse in the 1990s and early 2000s. Complaining about permenant rivals is idiotic. It's not like we're asking to play Vanderbilt every year, we're playing a program with the capacity to contend but has not lately.

    The ultimate problem is the 8-game schedule which Alabama is the only vocal supporter of expanding the conference schedule. If people want to complain about scheduling unbalance, then they need to consider what is their school's stance on schedule expansion first before opening their mouths. There is a reason why we're still playing 8 games which makes no sense with a permanent interdivisional rival and it's because most schools refuse to play one more SEC game in favor of a gimme home game...and we know Saban (therefore Mal Moore) disagree.

  2. Advertisement
  3. #41
    Senior Administrator TIDE-HSV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    Huntsville, AL,USA
    Posts
    45,043

    Re: The Advocate Baton Rouge: 5 reasons LSU should leave SEC

    A good friend of mine posted this on another forum:

    "1. A few years ago, when everybody we played had an off week to prepare for us, and we cried foul, LSU fans were among the loudest at telling us to get over it. So Florida is your traditional rival. So what? Get over it.2. "It's just not fair that now we have Alabama on one side, and A&M on the other side. Boo hoo hoo." LSU used to play A&M yearly, and it was when Sherrill and then Slocum coached there, so they were good teams. I lived in Louisiana back then, and I don't remember all the crying about having to play them.
    3. "Alabama gets an unfair advantage because the SEC is in Birmingham. Boo hoo." Yes, this is why the SECCG is still played at Legion Field. Oh wait..... When we were down, and everybody was walking all over Mike Shula, the SEC office was still in Birmingham. When Roy Kramer shafted us with about 3 times the probation we deserved, he did it from his office in Birmingham. Put on your big boy pants and win the games when it counts. ........
    4. "If we go to 4 superconferences, we'll have to battle Alabama, Georgia, Florida, and maybe A&M to get to the championship game. Boo hoo." I don't hear anybody from Alabama, Florida, Georgia, or A&M crying like titty babies over it. You're admitting you don't think you can measure up. Maybe you should go play Wussball in the Big 12 or ACC.
    5. "Geography is overrated", you say. Sure, go play in the WAC, if it's still there. You wouldn't want to play in the Pac 12. Oregon or somebody might beat you. Hell, go play in the Mid-American Conference. Maybe you can take vengeance against Saban by beating Kent State every year.
    Face it boys. The normal order has been restored in the SEC, and you ain't it. You're pretty good, but that's mostly all you've ever been. Revel in your almost-good-enoughness. But don't tuck your stripey little tails and run away."
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

    'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

    “I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

  4. #42
    BamaNation Hall of Fame bamanut_aj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Spring Hill, TN
    Posts
    19,514
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    Re: The Advocate Baton Rouge: 5 reasons LSU should leave SEC

    was only a few years ago that people here kept talking about how Alabama should leave the SEC. Not sure what makes people come up with stuff like this.

  5. #43
    BamaNation First Team CraigD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Columbus, GA
    Posts
    987

    Re: The Advocate Baton Rouge: 5 reasons LSU should leave SEC

    This writes doesn't seem to have enough chest...

  6. #44
    BamaNation All-SEC GP for Bama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,896

    Re: The Advocate Baton Rouge: 5 reasons LSU should leave SEC

    Quote Originally Posted by bamanut_aj View Post
    was only a few years ago that people here kept talking about how Alabama should leave the SEC. Not sure what makes people come up with stuff like this.
    Can't say I ever heard that.
    Bama 879-315-44 72.7% On the field

    24 SEC CHAMPIONSHIPS

  7. #45
    BamaNation Hall of Fame JPT4Bama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Hoover, AL
    Posts
    5,763

    Re: The Advocate Baton Rouge: 5 reasons LSU should leave SEC

    Quote Originally Posted by BamaSully View Post
    Just a friendly comment...a journalist in Baton Rouge wrote an article, the content of which may or may not reflect the feelings and beliefs of any LSU fans, administrators, players, coaches, etc. When we jump on here and make comments like "I can't believe these corndogs...", or "LSU should stop whining...", it is the same thing as if LSU fans took everything Paul Finebaum says to be the unified voice of the Alabama nation.

    Just a thought
    Go to TigerDroppings and you will see this writer's (BRA) opinion repeated over and over. They cannot get past the 2011 season or their constant whining regarding Alabama and the SEC. It's borderline pathetic.

    They hate Bama more than most here can imagine and 99% of that has to do with Nick Saban. They make the boogs seem like grad class in logic.

    Let them go IMO.
    Ask me about my vow of silence.

  8. #46
    BamaNation First Team
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    Jackson, TN
    Posts
    467

    Re: The Advocate Baton Rouge: 5 reasons LSU should leave SEC

    Quote Originally Posted by JPT4Bama View Post
    Go to TigerDroppings and you will see this writer's (BRA) opinion repeated over and over. They cannot get past the 2011 season or their constant whining regarding Alabama and the SEC. It's borderline pathetic.

    They hate Bama more than most here can imagine and 99% of that has to do with Nick Saban. They make the boogs seem like grad class in logic.

    Let them go IMO.
    Good point. I have never been to that site so I wouldn't know. However I would assume that any message board for college football fans in the southeast would read about the same way without good moderators enforcing some semblance of order. I still would be willing to bet that sentiment represents a small minority of the LSU crowd.

  9. December 25th, 2012, 10:36 PM

    Reason
    No profanity, even implied...

  10. #47
    BamaNation All-American banjeaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Slidell, Louisiana
    Posts
    2,131
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com
    Thread Starter

    The Advocate Letter to editor: Fan behavior dishonored LSU

    http://theadvocate.com/news/opinion/...dishonored-lsu

    This letter was posted after latest Bama v LSU game. There are lots of good people in Louisiana.

    NOVEMBER 13, 2012

    5 COMMENTS

    I love LSU football. I love everything about it: the sights, the sounds and the smell of the air on Saturday nights thick with bourbon and Creole spices. I love to yell as loud as I can every time our defense steps onto the field, and I even like the soreness in my throat on Sunday mornings.

    Being an LSU fan runs deep in my family, and going to Tiger Stadium is a privileged connection, not only to our university, but to our ancestors who helped to build it, one game, one scream at a time, into the most-intimidating place to play college football. My grandfather didn’t miss a game in more than 40 seasons. My parents have been season ticket holders for more than 30 years, and I hope my three daughters will one day carry on the tradition with their children.

    With those who have gone before us in mind, I must take issue with the students and other fans that first booed the Alabama band, and then later participated in an obscene cheer directed at Alabama Coach Nick Saban.

    Such displays are not welcome and are what my old high school coach would call “bush-league.” They are not worthy of a great university or our top-ranked ball club and they dishonor those who have gone before us to build one of our state’s great traditions. Being vulgar for vulgarity’s sake is not collegiate, and these negative outbursts do nothing to serve our players and coaches and they conversely rally the other team.

    Sure, I “love to hate” the Tide as much as anyone who bleeds purple and gold, and I’m by no stretch a prude, but the University of Alabama is our conference peer, and their players, band and fans were our guests and should have been respected as worthy competitors. As a young man, I was taught that sportsmanship was an important part of being a player, and that it was important to both win and lose with dignity.

    Sadly, some of our fans decided to sacrifice our community’s character with these low-class displays.

    Pete Martinez
    Oh, Susanna. Oh, don't you cry for me, for I come from Alabama with a banjeaux on my knee. G'wan to Louisiana my true love for to see.

  11. #48
    BamaNation All-SEC MOAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Swearengin, Alabama, United States
    Posts
    1,858

    Re: The Advocate Baton Rouge: 5 reasons LSU should leave SEC

    Quote Originally Posted by bamanut_aj View Post
    was only a few years ago that people here kept talking about how Alabama should leave the SEC. Not sure what makes people come up with stuff like this.
    Well back when i was one of the "leave the SEC" crowd Bama was penalized to the point of hiring Mike Shula for coach. When did LSU get penalized? Must have missed that!

  12. #49
    Senior Administrator TIDE-HSV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    Huntsville, AL,USA
    Posts
    45,043

    Re: The Advocate Baton Rouge: 5 reasons LSU should leave SEC

    Quote Originally Posted by selmaborntidefan View Post
    Another "the league office is in Birmingham so Alabama benefits unfairly." Funny - how then did we get SIX games against opponents with an off week in 2010? I'm assuming the league office is in Birmingham because that was centrally located before expansion in 92.
    That's what's hilarious. Did they complain when we had to play our six games through six rested opponents, including them? No complaints then, and, last saw the same people were in the same office in Birmingham. It took national notice and outcry over the unfairness to get the schedule revamped, and yet they dare declare of unfairness, just because they have to play Florida? Give me a break. That fan base/fan site can come up with the dumbest ideas. I actually think it would benefit Bama financially. Let 'em go...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

    'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

    “I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

  13. #50
    BamaNation All-SEC dadleyblane5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    DeFuniak Springs Fl.
    Posts
    1,055
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    Re: The Advocate Baton Rouge: 5 reasons LSU should leave SEC

    Quote Originally Posted by tide-hsv View Post
    a good friend of mine posted this on another forum:

    "1. A few years ago, when everybody we played had an off week to prepare for us, and we cried foul, lsu fans were among the loudest at telling us to get over it. So florida is your traditional rival. So what? Get over it.2. "it's just not fair that now we have alabama on one side, and a&m on the other side. Boo hoo hoo." lsu used to play a&m yearly, and it was when sherrill and then slocum coached there, so they were good teams. I lived in louisiana back then, and i don't remember all the crying about having to play them.
    3. "alabama gets an unfair advantage because the sec is in birmingham. Boo hoo." yes, this is why the seccg is still played at legion field. Oh wait..... When we were down, and everybody was walking all over mike shula, the sec office was still in birmingham. When roy kramer shafted us with about 3 times the probation we deserved, he did it from his office in birmingham. Put on your big boy pants and win the games when it counts. ........
    4. "if we go to 4 superconferences, we'll have to battle alabama, georgia, florida, and maybe a&m to get to the championship game. Boo hoo." i don't hear anybody from alabama, florida, georgia, or a&m crying like titty babies over it. You're admitting you don't think you can measure up. Maybe you should go play wussball in the big 12 or acc.
    5. "geography is overrated", you say. Sure, go play in the wac, if it's still there. You wouldn't want to play in the pac 12. Oregon or somebody might beat you. Hell, go play in the mid-american conference. Maybe you can take vengeance against saban by beating kent state every year.
    face it boys. The normal order has been restored in the sec, and you ain't it. You're pretty good, but that's mostly all you've ever been. Revel in your almost-good-enoughness. But don't tuck your stripey little tails and run away."
    roflmbo!!!! I love it!!

  14. #51
    BamaNation All-American J4Bama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    2,460
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    Re: The Advocate Baton Rouge: 5 reasons LSU should leave SEC

    I wish they would leave.
    If God wanted me to be humble, he would have sent me to Auburn.

  15. #52
    BamaNation All-American bat123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates "Hotter than Dog Days here!!!"
    Posts
    2,319
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    Re: The Advocate Baton Rouge: 5 reasons LSU should leave SEC

    Quote Originally Posted by J4Bama View Post
    I wish they would leave.
    Only if they take the barn with them........
    "WHAT THE HELL'S THE MATTER WITH YOU PEOPLE DOWN THERE? DON'T Y'ALL TAKE YOUR FOOTBALL SERIOUSLY?" -- Coach Bryant, upon calling Auburn at 6 AM only to find out that none of the coaches were in their offices yet!

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
'Gear UP! Get your University of Alabama Crimson Tide National Championship & Football Dynasty Gear!