The Advocate Baton Rouge: 5 reasons LSU should leave SEC

AggieMom

Suspended
Nov 19, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Re: Five reasons LSU should stick with the SEC

I would also say to any LSU fan contemplating a move to Big12 - be careful what you wish for! Having lived in Texas and now live in Alabama, I can definitely say that UTex is much worse than UA.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
What good would the 9 game schedule do? Please clarify. It will make the schedule more difficult for everyone, we know that because an SEC opponent instead of a cupcake home game would be harder, but what good would it do?

What possible good would it do to change something that's been happening the whole time? This whole we need 9 SEC games thing just makes no sense when compared to the excuses people usually give for doing it. The thing would still rotate, it's been rotating, that's how it works. A 9 game schedule won't stop the rotation!
In relationship to this story, the nine game schedule would only worsen the situation. It would give them one more game to whine about. You are correct about the rotation. The format would become a 6-1-2 rotation rather than the current 6-1-1.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
Re: Five reasons LSU should stick with the SEC

Let them leave. The SEC could bring in Louisiana Tech or Tulane and keep that state with all those recruits. In a few short years LSU would be regretting they left and their replacement would thrive. If anyone doubts this look at Texas A&M and South Carolina's good fortune and look at what happened to Georgia Tech and Tulane after they left the SEC.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
So basically the rational for leaving is to get away from Alabama.
LSU can become the next BOISE. They can become a big fish in a pond that's so small they will fade into obscurity. LSU seems to have forgotten the Rick Flair motto... 'To be the man, you've got to beat the man'. Have we crushed their spirit. I'd like to think so, but I think they are indulging in a 'Tebow Moment'... namely if they don't get their way, that want to take their football and go home.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
To be clear, I don't think this is widespread media sentiment. It's something part of the media covering LSU is trying to drum up and it has support among some rather stupid LSU fans. What I have a problem with is the argument they are trying to make, which is that the SEC unfairly favors Alabama and the further stupidity that adding a second rotating game somehow keeps Georgia and the like from showing up on a schedule.

They don't complain when they go play the Sugar Bowl in New Orleans. They don't complain when they drew Kentucky on their rotating schedule. They're just whining because they like to whine.

mariettatider

BamaNation Citizen
Jul 18, 2009
I don't think Roy Kramer favored Alabama. Our two opponents in 2011 and 2010 from the east were UF and Tenn and you did not hear anything then. Tenn is down now but has been the second most successful team in the SEC historically.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
I don't think Roy Kramer favored Alabama. Our two opponents in 2011 and 2010 from the east were UF and Tenn and you did not hear anything then. Tenn is down now but has been the second most successful team in the SEC historically.
Before 2012, you played 3 teams from the other division

2010 - UF, USCe, UT
2011 - UF, Vandy, UT

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Before 2012, you played 3 teams from the other division

2010 - UF, USCe, UT
2011 - UF, Vandy, UT
And the point is? Was it somehow easier because Alabama had to play South Carolina to?

I'm just frustrated with this whole complain when the rotating schedule rotates thing, or the add another SEC game so it can be even more difficult so they can have even more to complain about thing.

"Oversigning", playoff, now it's 9 conference game schedule...

Last edited:

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
And the point is? Was it somehow easier because Alabama had to play South Carolina to?

I'm just frustrated with this whole complain when the rotating schedule rotates thing, or the add another SEC game so it can be even more difficult so they can have even more to complain about thing.

"Oversigning", playoff, now it's 9 conference game schedule...
Sorry, I was replying to a previous post which said we only played 2 games in the East. I was saying it was tougher that Bama had to play USCe that year.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
It would not hurt my feelings at all if both LSU and Arkansas bolted for the Big 12. They could be replaced with FSU and Clemson or other ACC schools. Move Vandy and Missouri to the West. Too much money to leave behind in the SEC though.

Bama1985

1st Team
Jan 18, 2006
Calhoun County
I guess the Big 12 finally figured out how to break the SEC's BCS Title winning streak.

If LSU leaves for the Big 12---then the Big 12 can claim LSU's BCS Titles and the SEC streak would be broken.

Sarcasm in italics.

AggieMom

Suspended
Nov 19, 2012
Huntsville, AL
It would not hurt my feelings at all if both LSU and Arkansas bolted for the Big 12. They could be replaced with FSU and Clemson or other ACC schools. Move Vandy and Missouri to the West. Too much money to leave behind in the SEC though.
Not sure where the idea of Arkansas leaving came from. When aTm left the Big12, the idea of getting Arkansas to return was floated and quickly shotdown by Arkansas. One of the commentors to the BR piece suggested getting aTm to go back to B12 with them. Whoo, that ain't happening!:biggrin:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.