Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Re: The Advocate Baton Rouge: 5 reasons LSU should leave SEC

This thread gave me many LOL's. Thank you guys.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by JPT4Bama View Post
    Go to TigerDroppings and you will see this writer's (BRA) opinion repeated over and over. They cannot get past the 2011 season or their constant whining regarding Alabama and the SEC. It's borderline pathetic.

They hate Bama more than most here can imagine and 99% of that has to do with Nick Saban. They make the boogs seem like grad class in logic.

Let them go IMO.
    I would drop the percentage to about 50, though; I saw the hate back in '72 and it was very real. I saw it all through the 80's (spent a lot of time down the bayou) and it was very real. Nick just made it white-hot. I love it.

My Mood
    Paranoid on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    The ultimate problem is the 8-game schedule which Alabama is the only vocal supporter of expanding the conference schedule. If people want to complain about scheduling unbalance, then they need to consider what is their school's stance on schedule expansion first before opening their mouths. There is a reason why we're still playing 8 games which makes no sense with a permanent interdivisional rival and it's because most schools refuse to play one more SEC game in favor of a gimme home game...and we know Saban (therefore Mal Moore) disagree.
    What good would the 9 game schedule do? Please clarify. It will make the schedule more difficult for everyone, we know that because an SEC opponent instead of a cupcake home game would be harder, but what good would it do?

What possible good would it do to change something that's been happening the whole time? This whole we need 9 SEC games thing just makes no sense when compared to the excuses people usually give for doing it. The thing would still rotate, it's been rotating, that's how it works. A 9 game schedule won't stop the rotation!

Publisher, TideFans.com &
    Benevolent Dictator
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I think I'm at least 10 IQ points dumber for having read that.

I could have written this article much more succinctly:

"Waaaaaaahhhhhhhh waahhhhhh waahhhhhh"

My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Re: Five reasons LSU should stick with the SEC

I'm sorry but that isn't a legit beef...schedules are made up in advance and no one can predict who's going to be decent/good. How many years has USCe been mediocre, even with Spurrier there? No offense to USCe fans but they typically aren't a team to be feared. On any given year, having UTee and Auburn on the schedule is tougher than playing USCe. We can't help they stink the last couple years. UGA, Kentucky, USCe and UF rotate on/off our schedule every two years and it's always been that way.
    As for permanents, LSU plays UF, Alabama and Auburn every year I think. Alabama plays UTee, LSU and the barn. Bama didn't complain having to play UTee at the height of their success.
    The bye-week issue went on for YEARS before it got changed, and Bama didn't have a bye before the BAMA/LSU game this year although LSU did. They always do, as does Auburn it seems. TAMU had a pretty darn tough 3-4 road game stretch and I haven't heard their fanbase whining about it.
    I would agree on the permanent rivalry thing, it probably needs to go as well as the conference expands.
    Other than that, this all sounds like typical whiny LSU Rant material, imho. They must have snagged a ranter to write that article.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical View Post
    I normally agree with your posts but you are wrong here and we had a bye before the LSU game. When we had that scheduling conflict every day someone would posts here complaining about it. We complained and they changed it. This guy should complain just as we would if the schedules were reversed. I have Crimson colored glasses but not to the point I can't tell when someone has a legitimate beef. LSU played 4 teams in the final top 10 of the BCS poll one of them being us. We played 2 one of them being them. As an Alabama, fan for having another chance to win a title, we could not ask for a better schedule than the one we have.

And for an example of teams being unpredictable, look no further than TAMU. No one predicted they'd be good their first season in the SEC. They've been a consistent 6-7-8 win team the last three years, hence firing their old coach and hiring Sumlin. Yet here TAMU sits with a Heisman winner at qb (a freshman, no less), and 10-2 record their first season in the SEC and all under a new HC. You CAN'T predict that.
    Last edited by Crimson Cat; December 26th, 2012 at 08:34 AM.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson1967 View Post
    I read somewhere after the last expansion the geographic center of the SEC was somewhere near Cullman.
    Cullman is the center of the universe! LOL

Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Cat View Post
    TAMU had a pretty darn tough 3-4 road game stretch and I haven't heard their fanbase whining about it.

And for an example of teams being unpredictable, look no further than TAMU. No one predicted they'd be good their first season in the SEC. They've been a consistent 6-7-8 win team the last three years, hence firing their old coach and hiring Sumlin. Yet here TAMU sits with a Heisman winner at qb (a freshman, no less), and 10-2 record their first season in the SEC and all under a new HC. You CAN'T predict that.
    No whining here! As you noted we had a tough 3 road game stretch (culminating with game against Alabama - ), but also 12 straight games with no bye week and wound up perfect on the road. You definitely CAN'T predict that!

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    Inspired on TideFans.com

Someone needs to post that pic from the movie Tombstone.

The one with: "Well, Bye."

Sums up my feelings perfectly.

Suspended

I would also say to any LSU fan contemplating a move to Big12 - be careful what you wish for! Having lived in Texas and now live in Alabama, I can definitely say that UTex is much worse than UA.

BamaNation All-American ALA2262's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KrAzY3 View Post
    What good would the 9 game schedule do? Please clarify. It will make the schedule more difficult for everyone, we know that because an SEC opponent instead of a cupcake home game would be harder, but what good would it do?

What possible good would it do to change something that's been happening the whole time? This whole we need 9 SEC games thing just makes no sense when compared to the excuses people usually give for doing it. The thing would still rotate, it's been rotating, that's how it works. A 9 game schedule won't stop the rotation!
    In relationship to this story, the nine game schedule would only worsen the situation. It would give them one more game to whine about. You are correct about the rotation. The format would become a 6-1-2 rotation rather than the current 6-1-1.

BamaNation All-American

Let them leave. The SEC could bring in Louisiana Tech or Tulane and keep that state with all those recruits. In a few short years LSU would be regretting they left and their replacement would thrive. If anyone doubts this look at Texas A&M and South Carolina's good fortune and look at what happened to Georgia Tech and Tulane after they left the SEC.

One word why LSU will never leave the SEC...MONEY.
    Run Johnny Run

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by davefrat View Post
    So basically the rational for leaving is to get away from Alabama.
    LSU can become the next BOISE. They can become a big fish in a pond that's so small they will fade into obscurity. LSU seems to have forgotten the Rick Flair motto... 'To be the man, you've got to beat the man'. Have we crushed their spirit. I'd like to think so, but I think they are indulging in a 'Tebow Moment'... namely if they don't get their way, that want to take their football and go home.