***OT Brandon Hill recommits to Alabama***

ElkhartTider

All-American
Jan 13, 2005
Elkhart, Indiana
Lot of 'Bama people feeling pretty confident here again after Hill take his official visit to Tuscaloosa. Hard to say anything definite, though, when it seems fairly clear that his mother prefers (or at least preferred) that he stay closer to home and sign with Ole Miss.

Good news for UA is that with Tunsil, Hill, and Golson still in play, things look good for us to close out well at OT.

Per Bone, Hill has flipped back to Bama.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I wonder if Hugh Freeze cried over this decision like he did that DT that committed to Ole Miss... :biggrin:

bama61

1st Team
Aug 24, 2004
North Alabama
Been following recruiting for years and have never heard of such, myself.
It may be that you're just not old enough. It sounds to me like the old SEC letter on intent was never deleted from the conference rules. Earle may wish to comment on this and perhaps set me straight, but from my memory for years the SEC had an early signing date that was binding only within conference. SEC schools could and did sign prospects to the SEC LOI on or after the first Wednesday in December and that LOI had the same effect as described in the linked article.

The player could not be signed by another SEC school, but remained fair game for schools outside the SEC. The NCAA did away with the conference signing dates some time in the 1960's I believe, but apparently the conference LOI was never taken out of the conference rules. If this is the case, there is a certain irony in Coach Saban nailing Ole Miss with this ploy, given the Massie thing.

Earle, can you clarify or debunk this? :conf2:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.