Link: Good read on Coach Saban by NY Times blogger

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
The article was inaccurate about the coaching search - Spurrier's agent contacted us but there was no interest on our side...

CRMSNtide

1st Team
Jul 4, 2011
I thought Moore contacted Saban first?

And then after the Dolphins season was over, Saban sat down with his family and decided that college football was better for them, and took the offer.

AgentAntiOrange

1st Team
Dec 30, 2009
Norman, OK
The article was inaccurate about the coaching search - Spurrier's agent contacted us but there was no interest on our side...
Well...the article said there "were reports the Tide pursued....". I'm not saying that we did actually pursue him but at the time Spurrier did release a statement saying he wasn't interested in the job because there were rumors about it.....so there was something.

I don't mean to knock the author but this is mostly just a rehash of things written by others in the past week. I know it's probably tough to keep coming up with new material....I wish Jan 7th would just hurry up and get here already.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.