Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This Will End The CNS Leaving Conversation

From Chris Low at ESPN today.

"I don't know where all this stuff [about the NFL] comes from," Nick Saban said. "When I say I'm looking for the next challenge, it's the next challenge here and the next challenge with our team next year here. This is where we want to be and what we're happy doing.
    "It's to the point now that anything you say about this, nobody believes. So it's almost like, 'What the hell?'"
    Alabama quarterback AJ McCarron, in his own way, offers the best insight on why Saban isn't planning to go anywhere.
    "I always mess with him," McCarron quipped. "Mrs. Terry [Saban's wife] is happy here, so …
    "And she runs that family."
    Last edited by TideHiFlyer; December 26th, 2012 at 01:14 PM.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonSEC's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: This Will End The CNS Leaving Conversation

Quote Originally Posted by TideHiFlyer View Post

"I don't know where all this stuff [about the NFL] comes from," Saban said. "When I say I'm looking for the next challenge, it's the next challenge here and the next challenge with our team next year here. This is where we want to be and what we're happy doing.
    "It's to the point now that anything you say about this, nobody believes. So it's almost like, 'What the hell?'"
    Alabama quarterback AJ McCarron, in his own way, offers the best insight on why Saban isn't planning to go anywhere.
    "I always mess with him," McCarron quipped. "Mrs. Terry [Saban's wife] is happy here, so
    While I agree with you completely, there's nothing that will end the conversation among some, besides time.
    Lee

"A long way," he said after being asked how far the Crimson Tide had come since Coach Nick Saban arrived three years ago. "I guess you could say it's the distance from Shreveport to Pasadena."
    Mike Johnson

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by TideHiFlyer View Post

"I don't know where all this stuff [about the NFL] comes from," Saban said. "When I say I'm looking for the next challenge, it's the next challenge here and the next challenge with our team next year here. This is where we want to be and what we're happy doing.
    "I always mess with him," McCarron quipped. "Mrs. Terry [Saban's wife] is happy here, so
    If she said it I believe it. Good enough for me. I think mostly it's some that want to stir up doubt in recruits minds about CNS being here for the long haul. They can't stand it and they been hollering , "he's leaving", since he got here.lol
    Life is short, ocassionally bend the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

BamaNation All-American BamaFlum's Avatar
    My Mood
    Festive on TideFans.com

AJ hit it. The Sabans are royalty in Ttown, and Mrs, Saban is very happy.
    RTR!

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

For some, the only thing that will stop the talk is when Caoch Saban is standing on the Bama sideline come Aug. 31, and then it will only be a momentary silencing.
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride--and never quit--you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high, but so are the rewards." Coach Paul Bryant

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

And with that, it is done.
    ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation All-American

I agree that it should be ended. But because of the one line in Miami I'm sure he regrets, there will always be somebody out there who hates Alabama, wishes Saban were anywhere other than Tuscaloosa, and says he lied in Miami so you don't know he's not lying here. Sorry person, can't be trusted, liar, Satan, etc., etc., ad nauseum.

The only thing that will end this is (1) all 32 NFL teams have a HC for 2013, and (2) Texas doesn't retire / fire Mack Brown. And then it will start again next year, right about the time the first NFL job opens or Mack Brown coaches his last game at Texas..

But wouldn't you rather have this than those days when nobody wanted our coach?
    Undefeated World Champion Threadkiller

The only reason this is brought up each year is the hope that it affects our recruiting. Because everybody knows how fickle 17-18 year olds can be and it probably starts each year in Aubarn.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by tmv85 View Post
    For some, the only thing that will stop the talk is when Caoch Saban is standing on the Bama sideline come Aug. 31, and then it will only be a momentary silencing.
    Actually it will be when all the NFL jobs are filled shortly after the NFL season ends in February. Then I'm sure the process will start all over again when NFL coaches start getting fired next year.

The thing that jumps out to me in those quotes is AJ saying, "I always mess with him...."

I'm confused because the media, Aubies, and UT fans all told me that he was the debil.

It really won't end until he does leave.

At least we have a coach that other teams, even nfl ones covet...

BamaNation All-SEC

I agree that it is mostly a recruiting tactic. It's not like they can say, "Yeah, Saban is a lousy coach and doesn't know how to evaluate talent, coach it up, fit it in his system, or get players to the NFL". They have to say something, so the easy thing is, "Well, son, I agree he's a good coach, but it's an open secret that he's going back to the League. It's the only thing he ever failed at and he's not going to leave that legacy. And you can ignore him when he says he isn't going, because he said he wasn't leaving Miami just a few seasons ago. You can go to Tuscaloosa, and he won't be there. But I'll still be at [fill in the blank]. It's probably not all that effective, actually, but what else are they going to say?
    Roll Tide