This Will End The CNS Leaving Conversation

TideHiFlyer

Scout Team
Sep 3, 2012
A, A
From Chris Low at ESPN today.

"I don't know where all this stuff [about the NFL] comes from," Nick Saban said. "When I say I'm looking for the next challenge, it's the next challenge here and the next challenge with our team next year here. This is where we want to be and what we're happy doing.
"It's to the point now that anything you say about this, nobody believes. So it's almost like, 'What the hell?'"
Alabama quarterback AJ McCarron, in his own way, offers the best insight on why Saban isn't planning to go anywhere.
"I always mess with him," McCarron quipped. "Mrs. Terry [Saban's wife] is happy here, so …
"And she runs that family."

Last edited:

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton

"I don't know where all this stuff [about the NFL] comes from," Saban said. "When I say I'm looking for the next challenge, it's the next challenge here and the next challenge with our team next year here. This is where we want to be and what we're happy doing.
"It's to the point now that anything you say about this, nobody believes. So it's almost like, 'What the hell?'"
Alabama quarterback AJ McCarron, in his own way, offers the best insight on why Saban isn't planning to go anywhere.
"I always mess with him," McCarron quipped. "Mrs. Terry [Saban's wife] is happy here, so …
While I agree with you completely, there's nothing that will end the conversation among some, besides time.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.

"I don't know where all this stuff [about the NFL] comes from," Saban said. "When I say I'm looking for the next challenge, it's the next challenge here and the next challenge with our team next year here. This is where we want to be and what we're happy doing.
If she said it I believe it. Good enough for me. I think mostly it's some that want to stir up doubt in recruits minds about CNS being here for the long haul. They can't stand it and they been hollering , "he's leaving", since he got here.lol

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I agree that it should be ended. But because of the one line in Miami I'm sure he regrets, there will always be somebody out there who hates Alabama, wishes Saban were anywhere other than Tuscaloosa, and says he lied in Miami so you don't know he's not lying here. Sorry person, can't be trusted, liar, Satan, etc., etc., ad nauseum.

The only thing that will end this is (1) all 32 NFL teams have a HC for 2013, and (2) Texas doesn't retire / fire Mack Brown. And then it will start again next year, right about the time the first NFL job opens or Mack Brown coaches his last game at Texas..

But wouldn't you rather have this than those days when nobody wanted our coach?

TideHiFlyer

Scout Team
Sep 3, 2012
A, A
The only reason this is brought up each year is the hope that it affects our recruiting. Because everybody knows how fickle 17-18 year olds can be and it probably starts each year in Aubarn.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
For some, the only thing that will stop the talk is when Caoch Saban is standing on the Bama sideline come Aug. 31, and then it will only be a momentary silencing.
Actually it will be when all the NFL jobs are filled shortly after the NFL season ends in February. Then I'm sure the process will start all over again when NFL coaches start getting fired next year.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
The thing that jumps out to me in those quotes is AJ saying, "I always mess with him...."

I'm confused because the media, Aubies, and UT fans all told me that he was the debil.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
I agree that it is mostly a recruiting tactic. It's not like they can say, "Yeah, Saban is a lousy coach and doesn't know how to evaluate talent, coach it up, fit it in his system, or get players to the NFL". They have to say something, so the easy thing is, "Well, son, I agree he's a good coach, but it's an open secret that he's going back to the League. It's the only thing he ever failed at and he's not going to leave that legacy. And you can ignore him when he says he isn't going, because he said he wasn't leaving Miami just a few seasons ago. You can go to Tuscaloosa, and he won't be there. But I'll still be at [fill in the blank]. It's probably not all that effective, actually, but what else are they going to say?

mariettatider

BamaNation Citizen
Jul 18, 2009
With Cleveland being owned by a UT booster/alum it makes since he wants this story out there as long as he can to help UT

BamaRV

BamaNation Citizen
Jun 19, 2007
Roswell, GA
IMO - The issue (for this year) was put to rest when AJ decided to return for his senior year. Don't think he would have done that knowing there was a chance Saban would be leaving.

tide rider

3rd Team
Oct 17, 2007
People outside Alabama WANT him to leave, HOPE for him to leave, PRAY he leaves...thus this repeated conversation every year. They hate he fits so well here and his family is happy here.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

"I don't know where all this stuff [about the NFL] comes from," Nick Saban said. "When I say I'm looking for the next challenge, it's the next challenge here and the next challenge with our team next year here. This is where we want to be and what we're happy doing.
You think that could end it?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.