What would be your reaction to Coach Saban taking another job?

Big_Al

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 21, 2005
His job performance has been nothing short of stellar and I would be very grateful for the time he spent at Alabama and wish him luck on whatever he planned to next.

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
I would wish him luck. But...I would really, really, really, really, really
hate to see him go!
Don't do it, Coach. I would be like the kid in 'Shane'..."Coach, come back Coach. We love you, coach...Come Back"!
Roll Tsunami, Roll...A'ight!

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
In all sincerity - he has our program at the most stable in it has been since the early 1970s. We have long-term projected competitiveness. And he has not come out and made any kind of "I'm not gonna be the (fill-in-the-blank) coach," so he's left options open.

He brought us two, possibly three national titles. If he retired/left/whatever January 8, I'd wish him well and thank him for what he has done.

Jordan54

1st Team
Aug 20, 2007
Gardendale, Al
In all sincerity - he has our program at the most stable in it has been since the early 1970s. We have long-term projected competitiveness. And he has not come out and made any kind of "I'm not gonna be the (fill-in-the-blank) coach," so he's left options open.

He brought us two, possibly three national titles. If he retired/left/whatever January 8, I'd wish him well and thank him for what he has done.
I agree with selmaborntidefan. I'm very thankful for what Coach Saban has done for our great University.

AgentAntiOrange

1st Team
Dec 30, 2009
Norman, OK
I'm going to go the other way a little bit. I believe it is universally understood, even if it's not said or written into the contract, that we, as fans, expect our coaches to consider this a destination and not just a stop on your journey. CNS certainly knows and understands it by now. I wouldn't be bitter or angry exactly.....but I would have a WTHeck? attitude about it. Especially if he left for another college level job. Alabama fans are a little like that psychotic, stalking ex we've all had. We just wanna love you to death. But seriously, we WILL love you to death.

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008
If Saban left to coach any college or pro team other than AU, LSU and 10RSEE, I would say "Thank you coach for all you have done for UA and good luck in your new position."

If he left to coach AU, LSU or 10RSEE, I would say "Thank you coach for all you have done for UA and I hope you are a pathetic, has been, washed up failure in the future!"

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
His job performance has been nothing short of stellar and I would be very grateful for the time he spent at Alabama and wish him luck on whatever he planned to next.
Well, first, I would be very disappointed. I would hope that we would be able to find a coach who could continue what Saban has built.
Second, I would thank him for what he has done and wish him well.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
I'd be thankful for the he spent rebuilding the program, wish him well and then hope and pray Mal finds the best coach available to continue and build on the process.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.