What would be your reaction to Coach Saban taking another job?

Tider4653golf

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 29, 2010
I would say thank you CNS for all you did for the program, but we are ALABAMA! We will win with you or with out you! RTR!

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN
In all sincerity - he has our program at the most stable in it has been since the early 1970s. We have long-term projected competitiveness. And he has not come out and made any kind of "I'm not gonna be the (fill-in-the-blank) coach," so he's left options open.

He brought us two, possibly three national titles. If he retired/left/whatever January 8, I'd wish him well and thank him for what he has done.
He can't come out and say something like that. (Some) people are itching to throw that right back in his face.

To the topic question: I'd be grateful for what he's done while here. The glee of the rivals would get on my nerves though.

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL

What would be your reaction to Coach Saban taking another job?

It would depend on the job. are you talking the next judge on American Idol or recruiting coordinator for LSU?

Because I'd feel different depending on the job you have in mind for him.

Last edited:

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
I would think he is fickle and probably has a hard time developing deep relationships with many which leads to his movement every few years.
I would not think is that he is dishonest about his feeling, because those feelings can change.

He will not be offered a top 40% job in the pro's like with the Steelers. There will be some downside to the job imo. He has a top 99% College gig.

After breaking everything down, if he leaves it's to go to a place where he can make the most money in his last stretch, as long as he has a boss he knows and likes. And since no one knows how much money is a lure, he could possible go. He is still a mystery.

My gut says that more money is not that big of a deal and he will coach another 6 or so at Bama.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.