Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Watched ND vs Michigan and Stanford,

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    The problem is that I don't expect a clean game with these flag-happy Pac-12 officials. It's going to be a choppy game in all likelihood. In fact, flag happy refs tend to benefit the underdog in my experience.
    Haven't heard anyone talk about this AT ALL but I completely agree...

2. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    The problem is that I don't expect a clean game with these flag-happy Pac-12 officials. It's going to be a choppy game in all likelihood. In fact, flag happy refs tend to benefit the underdog in my experience.
    Seems to me the officials in all BCS games have done a pretty good job of not interrupting game flow for the sake of just getting a flag toss in

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

Watched ND vs Michigan and Stanford,

Quote Originally Posted by taddy View Post
    I agree, Golson will absolutely have to play his best game to have a chance.
    That's usually the thing. The QB has to play out of his mind. Newton, Tebow, Garcia, Metty, Murray, etc all did, but as you can see sometimes that doesn't work.
    ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TrueGritnPluck View Post
    Seems to me the officials in all BCS games have done a pretty good job of not interrupting game flow for the sake of just getting a flag toss in
    Except in one of the biggest upsets: 2002 Ohio State over Miami.

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamacon's Avatar

I still think depth will be the biggest difference after speed. Not Crimson glasses but the last few years when the SEC plays one of these games against the Big-10 types (which I consider ND) the speed seems to catch them off guard. They can adjust to that as the games goes on but lack of depth isn't a problem you can make an in-game adjustment on. If Bama comes to play and doesnt turn the ball over they should win going away. However, as the A&M game proved, you don't have to be the better team, only the better team on that day.

Sorry, but I am not understanding the adulation for Johnny Manziel vis-a-vis Everett Golson.

I would offer a friendly reminder that Manziel's three(!) interceptions after Texas A&M had a 12-point lead at home over LSU cost A&M the game. LSU scored 14 points (and missed a field goal) off of those three turnovers. A&M lost to LSU by only five points.

If A&M had finished 11-1 with a win over Alabama at Alabama, they would probably have been ranked No. 2 or No. 3 at the end of the regular season, and they would likely have played Georgia in the SECCG for a chance to face Notre Dame in the national title game.

But Manziel fell apart against LSU, and Texas A&M is not even in the BCS because of it.

Meanwhile, if Golson had ever have thrown three interceptions on the road against USC, or on the road against Oklahoma, or in the monsoon against Stanford, Notre Dame would have failed to advance to the national championship game. But Golson never fell apart, and never cost his team a game.
    Last edited by domeronaroll; December 26th, 2012 at 10:53 PM.

Are you saying Golson is better than Manziel?

You don't really mean that.

Quote Originally Posted by domeronaroll View Post
    Sorry, but I am not understanding the adulation for Johnny Manziel vis-a-vis Everett Golson.

I would offer a friendly reminder that Manziel's three(!) interceptions after Texas A&M had a 12-point lead at home over LSU cost A&M the game. LSU scored 14 points (and missed a field goal) off of those three turnovers. A&M lost to LSU by only five points.

If A&M had finished 11-1 with a win over Alabama at Alabama, they would probably have been ranked No. 2 or No. 3 at the end of the regular season, and they would likely have played Georgia in the SECCG for a chance to face Notre Dame in the national title game.

But Manziel fell apart, and Texas A&M is not even in the BCS because of it.

Meanwhile, if Golson had ever have thrown three interceptions on the road against USC, or on the road against Oklahoma, or in the monsoon against Stanford, Notre Dame would have failed to advance to the national championship game. But Golson never fell apart, and never cost his team a game.
    The Heisman voters disagree with you...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation All-SEC CrimsonForce's Avatar
    My Mood
    Cool on TideFans.com

I just don't think ND has enough athletes to score on our defense. Eifert is the only one that concerns me. I think he's their only offensive player that would start for bama or georgia. I'm not saying they can't beat us, but I don't think they can score enough points on us straight up, without something fluky happening.

My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

But Manziel fell apart against LSU, and Texas A&M is not even in the BCS because of it.

A lot of "ifs."

Sure, Golson hasn't lost you a game, which is great. Yet.
    ---------------------------------------

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on."

Robert Frost

My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

To win, ND needs OUTSTANDING quarterback play.

Alabama needs to execute. Nothing fantastic. Just good ole execution.
    ---------------------------------------

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on."

Robert Frost

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar
    My Mood
    Bookworm on TideFans.com

Did Manziel get pulled and replaced by a backup?
    :13

BamaNation First Team dadleyblane5's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Wink Re: Watched ND vs Michigan and Stanford,

In mho...Georgia's D was tougher than ND's is.....I say by mid 3rd qtr that we will have them dragging their butts up and down the field. I see another 300 yd rushing game for Lacy and Yeldon. I may be wrong. As far as our D against their O,..can they handle the speed and size of our D. we might get burned earlier in the game, but I don't really see ND having their way with us. Golson's a good QB, and they have some skill people on their side of the ball, but I believe our D contains him like we did Robinson. Also the Irish just don't have the depth on D like we do. Once again, I may be wrong.
    Last edited by dadleyblane5; December 26th, 2012 at 11:44 PM.