Alabama to return to Cowboys Stadium

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I would like to see us take on a PAC-12 team of stature. Any of the top 3-4 teams would make for good match-ups. Of course USC would be the most marquee of match-ups, but Oregon would be nice as would UCLA. I don't think UCLA is a realistic matchup though because they wont sell their 30,000-35,000 tickets that were mentioned in the articles that I have read. A potential great match-ups in 2015 would be Ohio State. That game could theoretically open and close that season (unless sanctions kill OSU).
If I had my pick to play a Pac 12 team..I'd be torn between Oregon or Stanford..I'd prefer Oregon as long as Chip Kelly is still their HC..

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
If its the Big 12 I'd like OU. USC would be awesome.

It's just great we are continually featured in games like these.

A lot to be thankful for. RTR

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
rumors from the Wisky end suggest they're in the talks to finalize too.
I really don't see how a matchup with Wisconsin does us any good, it's kind of a lose-lose situation for us. It carries no recruiting implications as we never compete with Wisconsin for recruits, and we don't typically recruit in Wisconsin. Wisconsin isn't usually the type of team that will give us a huge SOS boost, but yet they are a team that might be just good enough to pull off a big upset. The kicker is that they don't even have a national draw like a Michigan, Ohio State, or even Nebraska would. The ratings and ticket sales would be down, which means less revenue for everyone involved. If we beat Wisconsin then everyone will say that we were supposed to beat Wisconsin, but if we lose to Wisconsin then it's the upset of the year. I just really don't see how this would benefit us in the long run.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
I'd rather it be Southern Cal. It's been way too long.
Lame Kitten wants no part of Bama. The reason Bama is playing in Atlanta in 2013 and 2014 is because of USC. The Atlanta Sports Council had a tentative agreement with USC to play in either of those years(their choice) and their preference of opponents was Bama. Therefore, the ASC was in negotiations with Bama for both years because they didn't know which year USC would choose. All of that went out the window with the HC and AD changes. Bama wound up being contracted for both years.

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
Bring on USC, they should be at full strength by then so there won't be any exuces when we mop up the dome floor with them.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Not a fan of the Wisconsin match up, but then, I'm also not a fan of playing Virginia Tech in Atlanta.

Nothing against either team - either one could beat us - but the match up just doesn't have the same ring to it that Alabama vs. Michigan, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, or USC does.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
I'd vote Notre Dame.
ND does not play neutral site games. They play off-site home games. They will play Arizona State in Arlington in 2013. But that is not a neutral site game. ND booked the stadium. ND controls ALL of the tickets. NBC has the TV rights. It is an off-site home game.

mhiggy45

3rd Team
Sep 2, 2010
daytona bch
no....2014....and I was thinking texas.....especially if they are able to pull a huge name coach once they boot Mack. would be a fun victory...Ihate tejas just as much as the barn and ND.:wink:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I don't see USC in the game since they will be in the middle of their probation/reduced schollies. I would like Ohio State and if not them then OU.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.