Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: VaTech Player Uses Bowl Issued Best Buy Gift Card on Less Fortunate Kids

Quote Originally Posted by Toddrn View Post
    What would have really been great if he had kept this to himself and not felt the need to pat himself on the back and put this out there for everyone to know about.
    And just how do you know what made this come to light? Oh yeah, you don't...

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-SEC

What would have really been great if he had kept this to himself and not felt the need to pat himself on the back and put this out there for everyone to know about.
    this has to be one of the tackiest posts i've read.

BamaNation All-American bamabelle1991's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

With so much negativity in the press these days, I am glad to see 1) a kid doing good things with his good fortune, and 2) that the media found out about it and covered it. Stories like this NEED to be in the news.

I hope this story prompts others to do the same.

Roll Tide!

My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

Very nice. Good to see something like this.
    Send me up some Pibb Extra and Golden Flake potato chips please

What an awesome story, love to read things like this. With all the negative press these young men get nowadays, it's great to hear about some of the good ones (of which there are many).

Props to Exum and his teammates.
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. 2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

Quote Originally Posted by bamahippie View Post
    And just how do you know what made this come to light? Oh yeah, you don't...
    This is how I know, "Before they parted ways, Exum took a picture of the four of them and posted it on Twitter". All I'm saying is that sometimes you do things to make yourself feel good and the whole world does not need to know about it. But like some of you have said maybe others will see this and do the same thing. RTR

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

This is how I know, "Before they parted ways, Exum took a picture of the four of them and posted it on Twitter". All I'm saying is that sometimes you do things to make yourself feel good and the whole world does not need to know about it. But like some of you have said maybe others will see this and do the same thing. RTR
    Do these posts make you feel as good about yourself as the player feels about doing this one act of kindness?
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation All-American bamabelle1991's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

You have a very skewed view of the world if you think this kid did this to "make himself feel good." If he wanted to make himself feel good, he would have used the $470 for himself and posted pics of his LOOT on Twitter. As we all know, kids post EVERYTHING on Twitter.

It is amazing how you see this in a negative light. It is also amazing how you think the world doesn't need to know about it. Good deeds should spread like wildfire. I guess you would have rather seen him posting pics from a strip club, signing secretly with an agent or snatching the last iPad mini away from a child?

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Great story.....thanks for sharing.
    "Bryant can take his'n and beat your'n, and then he can turn around and take your'n and beat his'n." -- Houston Oiler head coach Bum Phillips, a former player under Coach Bryant

BamaNation All-American 230kv_barehand's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

I'm glad this got out, it could possibly give other players the idea to do it in the future. Imagine a whole team giving this up one year to a certain charity.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

VaTech Player Uses Bowl Issued Best Buy Gift Card on Less Fortunate Kids

Quote Originally Posted by 230kv_barehand View Post
    I'm glad this got out, it could possibly give other players the idea to do it in the future. Imagine a whole team giving this up one year to a certain charity.
    Would it be some violation if the Bama players did this for Nick's Kids or the Austin Shepard Foundation? That would be a really cool thing for them to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so my post may not be what I typed thanks to auto correct. Also, I may need an emoticon but cannot use one in this post.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation All-American 230kv_barehand's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Would it be some violation if the Bama players did this for Nick's Kids or the Austin Shepard Foundation? That would be a really cool thing for them to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so my post may not be what I typed thanks to auto correct. Also, I may need an emoticon but cannot use one in this post.
    That's a good question. I would think not, but I would think CNS would possibly steer them elsewhere to avoid a conflict of interest. With todays media they would probably raise all kinds of crap over it sadly.

What a great gesture...especially from a young person. I'd love to see this become a trend for players in bowl games.