Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: More Trash Tees from Notre Dame

I watched an old 30 For 30 yesterday about the "U". The Miami players talked about how badly the Catholics vs Convicts shirts ticked them off. I feel certain the players are seeing these trash talking T-shirts.

Be that as it may, Pachyderms vs Pedophiles is in extremely poor taste.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team

More Trash Tees from Notre Dame

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    For 2009, Indiana's per capital income was something like a whopping $600 dollars more than Alabama. I seriously doubt that that differential is going to fund a vast difference in the number of mobile homes...
    Earle, I get what you're saying. I have two things to add:
    1) Notre Dame is as much an Indiana school as the Naval Academy is a Maryland school. Its students come from all over much more than do Alabama's
    2) The interesting thing to me about this is that Notre Dame prides itself in its heritage as a selective university for those on whom the established schools looked down - stereotypically, inner city and Catholic; just a generation or two off the boat; people for whom a mobile home would have been an improvement versus a big city tenement
    Last edited by Isaiah 63:1; December 27th, 2012 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Isaiah 63:1 View Post
    Earle, I get what you're saying. I have two things to add:
    1) Notre Dame is as much an Indiana school as the Naval Academy is a Maryland school. Its students come from all over much more than do Alabama's
    2) The interesting thing to me about this is that Notre Dame prides itself in its heritage as a selective university for those on whom the established schools looked down - stereotypically, inner city and Catholic; just a generation or two off the boat; people for whom a mobile home would have been an improvement versus a big city tenement
    Noted. However, Bama has become more and more selective and has really raised its academic standing. Also, more than half of our student body is from out of state now...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

BamaNation First Team bamacpa70's Avatar
    My Mood
    Cloud_9 on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by JIB View Post
    Calling Catholics pedophiles is more offensive than anything Notre Dame has or will come up with. Anyone posting that can't talk about class to anyone.
    I'm Catholic and I don't find it offensive at all. What I find offensive is covering up the behavior to protect the institution. If the Domers can't take it, perhaps they shouldn't dish it out.

I'm a Catholic. It's an offensive shirt. Period. It's insulting to Catholics just like saying people from Alabama marry their cousins, but even more so. Notre Dame's football program and its fans didn't cover up anything so they shouldn't be smeared.

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

If you have even been to South Bend, you understand just how absurd the "mobile homes" tee really is. That tee must have been designed by a fan who has never been to a ND home game, much less attended the school.

BamaNation Hall of Fame GulfCoastTider's Avatar
    My Mood
    Ornery on TideFans.com

Both fanbases have a very ugly side to them. All do. Alabama fans like to think of themselves as classier than most. Notre Dame fans do, too. For the most part, we're both right.

We have Harvey Updyke and Brian Downing, and a portion of our fanbase treats them like celebrities.

Somewhere among the legion of Irish fans are people just like Updyke, Downing and people who aren't the least bit ashamed of or embarrassed by them.
    “Lamar Thomas has got it, he's on his way down the sidelines... George Teague runs him down! He took the ball away!!! HE'S GOT THE BALL!!!"

Thread deleted by SavannahDare
    Reason: Dude! Coach Saban would sooner die than tweet.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Noted. However, Bama has become more and more selective and has really raised its academic standing. Also, more than half of our student body is from out of state now...
    Yep; my undergrad transcript was solid (not great) and I got accepted to the law school at UA and I'm from Texas; the only problem was out of state tuition. I decided to stay in Texas at a school where I got a scholarship rather than come out owing 50k+. They were definitely trying to attract more out of state people with the law school; I'm sure the undergrad and other grad programs are the same way.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Displaced Bama Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grlindsey08 View Post
    http://fansided.com/2012/12/26/notre...-talk-t-shirt/

If we win, we need shirts that say something to the effect of "more like Catholics vs. Champions!"

Roll Tide!
    The funny thing is so many Catholics down here are Bama fans.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Displaced Bama Fan's Avatar

If all goes well, my son will be attending (from TX) in less than 2 years.

BamaNation All-American Crimson Flyboy's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

For 2009, Indiana's per capital income was something like a whopping $600 dollars more than Alabama. I seriously doubt that that differential is going to fund a vast difference in the number of mobile homes. In fact, when the difference in federal transfer payments (not counted in taxable income) is considered, the per capita disposable income in Alabama is greater, but, shush - don't tell them. Also don't tell them that our law school ranks 29th in the country and theirs ranks 59th. Wouldn't want to mess with their self-image...
    Indiana is also the state with the most members in the KKK, just saying...
    Last edited by Crimson Flyboy; December 27th, 2012 at 10:19 AM.
    שלום
    Pax
    Peace

"The sole object and only legitimate end of government is to protect the citizen in the enjoyment of life, liberty, and property, and when the government assumes other functions, it is usurpation and oppression."

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor will I ever ask another man to live for the sake of mine."

"Any man who strives for free inquiry, free thought, and self ownership is my brother and countryman."

BamaNation First Team

More Trash Tees from Notre Dame

Granted.

My good friend and ND alum once told me the story of an Indiana-ND game at South Bend that best illustrates ND's Indiana quotient. During the IU band's halftime performance, IU's announcer said over the PA, "we're all Hoosiers." The crowd booed loudly...

BamaNation All-American bamabelle1991's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com