Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: More Trash Tees from Notre Dame

A million apologies if anyone was offended by the thought of my shirt design. I also apologize for the poor spelling of pedophile...lol. I meant to only lash out at the TShirt people.

2. Advertisement

You Irish shore do use big, pretty words

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Smack shirts always make me cringe and it seems no fanbase is wholly above them either.

Typical of ND irrelevant folks.

I was talking to my Dad the other day about how I really didn't 'Hate' ND like a lot of fans(including himself) that had to experience those heartbreaking games in the 70's.

But after seeing those classless shirts they made I do 'Hate' them now. They made my blood boil to be honest and I hope all the players on our team have seen them.

Originally going into this matchup I was hoping for a clean epic matchup between two of the all-time great schools in college football.

Now....I want to crush them, humiliate them, make them wish that Pitt kicker had made that FG.

I hope we beat them 49-0 and humble them so badly that their heads are hanging on the sidelines by halftime.

They have now made this game personal. Get ready ND...because the "Cousins" and the "Mobile Homers" are about to take you to the woodshed on a National stage and show the world what a fraudulent #1 team you are!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FriendlyIrish View Post
    HSV, which law school in Indiana? ND ranks 22nd (I have a vested interest in this ranking). Bama is around 29. No real difference here (besides tuition), but just an observation.
    I'll take another look. I remember being puzzled, as the school in general ranked much higher. I'll up you one though - my masters of law is from NYU . Look it up...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by FriendlyIrish View Post
    HSV, which law school in Indiana? ND ranks 22nd (I have a vested interest in this ranking). Bama is around 29. No real difference here (besides tuition), but just an observation.
    You are correct. ND is a few spots ahead of UA and I read a table erroneously...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

Not that it matters much but I don't particularly care for the shirts either. A little trash talk about teams is one thing but when fan bases are stereotyped and cast in a light that is wrong, it's just, well, wrong.

I will admit that I didn't seem to have to much problem with the Catholics vs. Convicts shirts in '88. I didn't buy one but I did see some humor. They were some trash talking son-of-a-guns. My bad.

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

On one hand, you could say you're lowering yourself to those old Miami teams with the convicts tees...but come on, they were probably saying worse.

The tees from both sides for this matchup just seems to be petty and lowering what should a be a more dignified rivalry. We're only the two best historical powers of all-time...no use to toss mud around.
    Last edited by rgw; December 27th, 2012 at 07:49 PM.

I saw someone mention bad blood and fights in a previous Tide-Irish matchup... I was actually looking forward to tailgating with Bama fans and I was under the illusion that the fanbase was friendly like Nebraska and ours. Do you all think that there will still be "bad blood" enough not to have fun before the game?

FTR, I don't approve of any of the t-shirts on either side (besides the better good than lucky-- clever and not offensive)

Quote Originally Posted by athlete37 View Post
    FTR, I don't approve of any of the t-shirts on either side (besides the better good than lucky-- clever and not offensive)
    I won't be there, but I've definitely had a good time lightly joking around with a ND alum where I work.

Quote Originally Posted by athlete37 View Post
    I saw someone mention bad blood and fights in a previous Tide-Irish matchup... I was actually looking forward to tailgating with Bama fans and I was under the illusion that the fanbase was friendly like Nebraska and ours. Do you all think that there will still be "bad blood" enough not to have fun before the game?
    You will still have loads of fun and most people will be cool. But I'm afraid that there may be a ND contingency that drag up the "mobile home / cousins" stereotypes.

I've attended many Bama games over the years. Saw the worst fan behavior when we were playing Notre Dame (in Bham) and UCLA (in Cali). Saw the best when we were playing Penn State and Oklahoma.