Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello y'all.

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hello y'all.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigD View Post
    Slight modification: I think that if your QB plays well you will have a chance to win. If not, then I think there is no chance.

The thing I like about playing ND is they look a lot like Bama. It feels comfortable. It's totally different than if Bama was playing Oregon or K-State. I suspect you feel the same. This game will feel a little old fashioned, I think.
    Completely agree. If Golson plays well, Irish have a shot. If he doesn't, I can't see it. One note - I don't think Golson "playing well" necessarily means he has to put up a lot of yards or TDs. He'll have to make at least few big plays, sure - on the ground and in the air. But the absence of key mistakes will be as important as anything. In road night games at Michigan State, Oklahoma and USC, Golson had zero turnovers. Combined. Say what you want about the competition but that is impressive for any QB, let alone a redshirt frosh, and was a huge key to those victories.

Far as your other point, I would prefer to play Alabama over Oregon. Many reasons but style of play is first followed closely by the excitement of such a traditional battle and a fear of becoming nauseous at the site of Oregon's sure-to-be-hideous bowl game unis.

2. Advertisement
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NDinNYC View Post
    Completely agree. If Golson plays well, Irish have a shot. If he doesn't, I can't see it. One note - I don't think Golson "playing well" necessarily means he has to put up a lot of yards or TDs. He'll have to make at least few big plays, sure - on the ground and in the air. But the absence of key mistakes will be as important as anything. In road night games at Michigan State, Oklahoma and USC, Golson had zero turnovers. Combined. Say what you want about the competition but that is impressive for any QB, let alone a redshirt frosh, and was a huge key to those victories.

Far as your other point, I would prefer to play Alabama over Oregon. Many reasons but style of play is first followed closely by the excitement of such a traditional battle and a fear of becoming nauseous at the site of Oregon's sure-to-be-hideous bowl game unis.
    LOL! Yep, we done been delivered...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello y'all.

Welcome Irish Jacky and NDinNYC. I'm a frequent visitor to NDNation, under the handle Rammer Jammer there. It's the only non-Bama board I go to when we're NOT playing Notre Dame. It's been great to have an actual game to discuss with those guys after all these years.

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Jacky View Post
    My takeaway from your post is "Prodomal bravado" [why the capital, is it in the diagnostic manual?]

"pummel into oblivion" comes close.

In any event, I'll strive not to disappoint you.
    Not yet. DSM-5 is on its way! ;-)