Hello y'all.

Irish Jacky

Dec 27, 2012
Thought I'd join your site for the next several days so as to provide an ND fan perspective on any threads that might benefit from it.

I'm looking forward to a great game. We have great respect for Alabama and its tradition. Bear Bryant is admired by anyone, and I mean anyone, who cares about college football. It's good to know that the man who taught the Bear about football was a ND graduate!

Talk about a blowout in this game is just nonsense. It's going to be very close and whoever wins is going to have played the most difficult game of their season. We are a much better team than we were at the beginning of the season, particularly on offense, and I don't think that development is appreciated by many people. It's really all on our QB: if he plays up to his potential we'll win. We also seem to have a tradition of our own when it comes to Alabama and, loving tradition as we do, we are all hoping that it continues on Jan 7, 2013.

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
A word to the wise: chest-thumping will get you ostracized in no time. This is a Bama board, so be ready for some chest-thumping on this end, but I would argue that is our right, just as our chest-thumping on your boards would be met with harsh response despite plenty of Prodomal bravado on your boards. If you think your team can win, fantastic, we would love to hear more good analysis from a ND perspective. But beware that if we disagree, we may be vociferous in our response.

We've had a mixed bag thus far of ND fans, with a few trolls. However, several have been widely viewed as constructive contributors to the board in recent weeks. I sincerely hope both of you join that category. Frankly, it's more than I can say about most board "contributors" from some other schools, so I remain positive about the contribution thus far. If you can abide by such rules of engagement, we'll get along swimmingly.

May you have fun on this board and enjoy watching us pummel you into oblivion on the field. ;-) (see what I mean?)

Irish Jacky

Dec 27, 2012
My takeaway from your post is "Prodomal bravado" [why the capital, is it in the diagnostic manual?]

"pummel into oblivion" comes close.

In any event, I'll strive not to disappoint you.

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
You're off to a good start. Some on here take themselves pretty seriously... or they've been burned too many times (or both).

Playing the underdog role has to feel a bit odd to Notre Dame folks. Are you taking ND plus the points?

NDinNYC

Suspended
Dec 26, 2012
You're off to a good start. Some on here take themselves pretty seriously... or they've been burned too many times (or both).

Playing the underdog role has to feel a bit odd to Notre Dame folks. Are you taking ND plus the points?
Underdog role is one the Irish have played quite often recently - with mostly depressing results. Of course this year has been different but, No - I am not betting on this game. But I will be there / drunk.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Talk about a blowout in this game is just nonsense. It's going to be very close and whoever wins is going to have played the most difficult game of their season. We are a much better team than we were at the beginning of the season, particularly on offense, and I don't think that development is appreciated by many people. It's really all on our QB: if he plays up to his potential we'll win. We also seem to have a tradition of our own when it comes to Alabama and, loving tradition as we do, we are all hoping that it continues on Jan 7, 2013.
Disagree with the bolded, and as far as Notre Dame's tradition concerning Alabama, Texas had one too. Didn't work out so well for the Longhorns in the NC game following the 2009 regular season.

Other than that, welcome, and here's to a great game with no injuries.

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
It's really all on our QB: if he plays up to his potential we'll win.
Slight modification: I think that if your QB plays well you will have a chance to win. If not, then I think there is no chance.

The thing I like about playing ND is they look a lot like Bama. It feels comfortable. It's totally different than if Bama was playing Oregon or K-State. I suspect you feel the same. This game will feel a little old fashioned, I think.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Thought I'd join your site for the next several days so as to provide an ND fan perspective on any threads that might benefit from it.

I'm looking forward to a great game. We have great respect for Alabama and its tradition. Bear Bryant is admired by anyone, and I mean anyone, who cares about college football. It's good to know that the man who taught the Bear about football was a ND graduate!

Disagree with the bolded, and as far as Notre Dame's tradition concerning Alabama, Texas had one too. Didn't work out so well for the Longhorns in the NC game following the 2009 regular season.

Other than that, welcome, and here's to a great game with no injuries.
Denard Robinson says "Hello!"........:cool2:

centerstar

2nd Team
Nov 4, 2011
I agree with TideEngineer08. Your QB play is required for a ND win. Necessary but not sufficient. Golson can play very well and still lose unless the Tide makes some mistakes, IMO.

NDinNYC

Suspended
Dec 26, 2012
Slight modification: I think that if your QB plays well you will have a chance to win. If not, then I think there is no chance.

The thing I like about playing ND is they look a lot like Bama. It feels comfortable. It's totally different than if Bama was playing Oregon or K-State. I suspect you feel the same. This game will feel a little old fashioned, I think.
Completely agree. If Golson plays well, Irish have a shot. If he doesn't, I can't see it. One note - I don't think Golson "playing well" necessarily means he has to put up a lot of yards or TDs. He'll have to make at least few big plays, sure - on the ground and in the air. But the absence of key mistakes will be as important as anything. In road night games at Michigan State, Oklahoma and USC, Golson had zero turnovers. Combined. Say what you want about the competition but that is impressive for any QB, let alone a redshirt frosh, and was a huge key to those victories.

Far as your other point, I would prefer to play Alabama over Oregon. Many reasons but style of play is first followed closely by the excitement of such a traditional battle and a fear of becoming nauseous at the site of Oregon's sure-to-be-hideous bowl game unis.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Completely agree. If Golson plays well, Irish have a shot. If he doesn't, I can't see it. One note - I don't think Golson "playing well" necessarily means he has to put up a lot of yards or TDs. He'll have to make at least few big plays, sure - on the ground and in the air. But the absence of key mistakes will be as important as anything. In road night games at Michigan State, Oklahoma and USC, Golson had zero turnovers. Combined. Say what you want about the competition but that is impressive for any QB, let alone a redshirt frosh, and was a huge key to those victories.

Far as your other point, I would prefer to play Alabama over Oregon. Many reasons but style of play is first followed closely by the excitement of such a traditional battle and a fear of becoming nauseous at the site of Oregon's sure-to-be-hideous bowl game unis.
LOL! Yep, we done been delivered... :D

Isaiah 63:1

All-American
Dec 8, 2005
Probably at 35k or in an airport somewhere
Welcome Irish Jacky and NDinNYC. I'm a frequent visitor to NDNation, under the handle Rammer Jammer there. It's the only non-Bama board I go to when we're NOT playing Notre Dame. It's been great to have an actual game to discuss with those guys after all these years.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.