News Article: Nick Saban Better than Coach Bryant with win?

texasaggie84

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 28, 2012
Danville, CA
The OU game has me nervous. Believe me, all Ags understand we have a league standard to uphold! From Bear Bryant, Gene Stallings and Jackie Sherrill to the admiration Aggies have for Alabama - I hope you never see a bad post from an Aggie. Roll Tide and Gig'em.

texasaggie84

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 28, 2012
Danville, CA
I'm beginning to warm up to the idea of A&M being in the SEC. Kinda glad Manziel won the Heisman, now. I haven't seen a bad post from aTm so far, though I'm sure there has been. If aTm is ok with the Bear, then it's alright with me too I guess. Just beat Oklahoma! You all have a league standard to uphold.
The OU game has me nervous. Believe me, all Ags understand we have a league standard to uphold! From Bear Bryant, Gene Stallings and Jackie Sherrill to the admiration Aggies have for Alabama - I hope you never see a bad post from an Aggie. Roll Tide and Gig'em.

I I will say, every time I hear gig em I think about someone with a shank ready to stab someone. Can you help me out with the gig part?

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I I will say, every time I hear gig em I think about someone with a shank ready to stab someone. Can you help me out with the gig part?
I think part of the problem is that the only thing ever gigged in the SE were frogs, and I don't mean horned frogs, which, IIRC, are lizards anyway...

Last edited:

BamaGreek

All-American
Jan 6, 2007
Brentwood, TN
I am curious about the Gig'em saying myself. Don't have a clue what that is supposed to mean. Does aTm have some sort of hand jesture they do? I noticed a lot of the Texas schools have hand jestures I.E. UT hook'um horns and Texas Tech guns up and TCU horned frog thing they do. Just curious.

texasaggie84

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 28, 2012
Danville, CA
I am curious about the Gig'em saying myself. Don't have a clue what that is supposed to mean. Does aTm have some sort of hand jesture they do? I noticed a lot of the Texas schools have hand jestures I.E. UT hook'um horns and Texas Tech guns up and TCU horned frog thing they do. Just curious.
From Texas Aggie Traditions -

This tradition began at a 1930 Midnight Yell Practice held before the football game against the Texas Christian University Horned Frogs. In an attempt to excite the crowd, Pinky Downs, a 1906 Texas A&M graduate and member of the school's Board of Regents, asked "What are we going to do to those Horned Frogs?"[SUP] [/SUP]Using a term for frog hunting, he answered his own question, "Gig 'em, Aggies!"[SUP] [/SUP] For emphasis, he made a fist with the thumb extended. The phrase and hand signal proved popular, and it became the first hand sign of the Southwest Conference.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.