Barrett Jones is not a 1st rounder?

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
a rating of second or third round is good for a Guard/Center, the value just isnt super high on those positions like they are for tackles. Even the first center taken rarely goes in the first round. Take comfort in knowing that the first Guard to go will be Chance and he will go in the first.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Green Bay Packers bench C Jeff Saturday - Barrett Jones won't fall past the Pack in the first round - stone cold lock
Would love Barrett going to the Pack. No matter where he gets drafted or who he gets drafted by Barrett will have a long successful career and would not be surprised to see him make Pro Bowls.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I think his versatility at different positions almost make him a first round lock. With NFL roster limitations an O-lineman who can play three different positions will be a hot commodity. Plus, his leadership skills and character are going to push him up as well.
I like Kiper but I think he's going to miss this one.

I think his versatility at different positions almost make him a first round lock. With NFL roster limitations an O-lineman who can play three different positions will be a hot commodity. Plus, his leadership skills and character are going to push him up as well.
I like Kiper but I think he's going to miss this one.
Still way too early to assess that with participation in the Senior Bowl, NFL Combine, and Pro Days yet to happen.

buzzincuzzin

All-American
Jan 8, 2006
There ya go Sip. Most NFL Olinemen are limited to one position and even one side. He saves at least one roster spot and possibly two out of 53.
i.e. Warmack will never play RG in the NFL.

JeffAtlanta

All-American
Aug 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA (Buckhead)
I think his versatility at different positions almost make him a first round lock
It depends on whether that college versatility is perceived by scouts to translate to the NFL game or if it is perceived to be a "tweener" situation.

Even with smaller roster sizes, NFL teams tend to prefer a player that is great at one particular position over a player that can play multiple positions pretty well.

Unless it's backed up by elite play, versitilty in the NFL is valued the same way a utility infielder is in MLB. It will keep you in the league for a long time, but it won't make you a top draft pick or get you the top tier money.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.