Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Recipes
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Re: Coach Lame and USC stay classy in El Paso (link)

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    KIffen's behavior beggars belief. How long does he get to be 17?
    He certainly seems to be developmentally stuck, doesn't he?
    "Sometimes the juice is worth the squeeze." - Marcus Luttrell, 'Service - A Navy SEAL at War'

2. Advertisement
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by SavannahDare View Post
    He certainly seems to be developmentally stuck, doesn't he?
    Being a Pastor, this is also true of some church members...seems to be afflicting a lot of people and just not jerk coaches.

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

IMO Pat Haden is not the type AD who will put up with much more of Kiffen's crap. Another underachieving year or post probation and Kiffin will be headed to Dallas as HC.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

BamaNation Second Team

Quote Originally Posted by WalkaboutSean View Post
    Prior to the 1983 Sun Bowl, the 10-1 SMU Mustangs were unhappy about playing in the bowl. They also felt they deserved to play a better opponent than the 7-4 Alabama Crimson Tide.

One SMU player called El Paso a "pitiful town." The general attitude of the team had locals rooting for the out-of-state team to win.

Final score: Alabama 28, SMU 7

That was the first Alabama game I attended. I was in the Army stationed at Ft. Bliss with the 3rd ACR.My seat was behind the SMU band and I got to listen to we want Boston College because Alabama was not good enough to be on the field with SMU. After halftime show I had to tell the tuba player "I bet yall really wish yall were playing Boston College because we're beating the crap out of yall.I hate SMU to this day for that very reason.RTR

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Obviously, the head coach gets the blunt of the criticism. However, does the bowl not have a rep with the team to make sure they are on time? Or does USC not have a Director of Football Operations to tell Kiffykens to get on the bus?

And the update in the article says this:

(UPDATE: Here is the explanation from USCFootball.com on the dinner faux pas: The Trojans said they were only a half hour late, bowl officials knew the whole time, Georgia Tech actually left 75 minutes before it was supposed to, and therefore USC deserves no blame. "It wasn't a problem for anybody," USC Sports Information Director Tim Tessalone said Thursday to the site. "No one was upset.")
    So Georgia Tech leaves 75 minutes early? How long are they supposed to be at these events?
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

We also need Tech to win this game so that our all time bowl wins stays ahead of Southern Cal. GO JACKETS!!!
    If God wanted me to be humble, he would have sent me to Auburn.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by J4Bama View Post
    We also need Tech to win this game so that our all time bowl wins stays ahead of Southern Cal. GO JACKETS!!!
    Or USC can tie us, and Alabama takes the lead back on January 7.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation All-American RollTideMang's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by NDinNYC View Post
    Well, his wife is pretty hot. So that's something.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Class (and lack thereof) shows..........
    "Bryant can take his'n and beat your'n, and then he can turn around and take your'n and beat his'n." -- Houston Oiler head coach Bum Phillips, a former player under Coach Bryant

BamaNation Hall of Fame IH8Orange's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Obviously, the head coach gets the blunt of the criticism. However, does the bowl not have a rep with the team to make sure they are on time? Or does USC not have a Director of Football Operations to tell Kiffykens to get on the bus?

And the update in the article says this:

So Georgia Tech leaves 75 minutes early? How long are they supposed to be at these events?
    How can USC only be 30 minutes late, but Georgia Tech leave 75 minutes before they are supposed to? Wouldn't that make GT leaving 45 minutes before the event even starts? If Georgia Tech LEFT 45 minutes early, then how early did they ARRIVE? None of this makes sense. It sounds like USC is desperate for damage control, but IMO they are failing miserably.
    "If it feels good, then you're not doing it right" - Coach Scott Cochran

"Sharing a conference with Nick Saban is like sharing a steak with a lion. Only one of you wins that battle. And it's not you." - Gregg Doyel

BamaNation Hall of Fame Chukker Veteran's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by IH8Orange View Post
    How can USC only be 30 minutes late, but Georgia Tech leave 75 minutes before they are supposed to? Wouldn't that make GT leaving 45 minutes before the event even starts? If Georgia Tech LEFT 45 minutes early, then how early did they ARRIVE? None of this makes sense. It sounds like USC is desperate for damage control, but IMO they are failing miserably.
    That's what caught my attention. The updated excuse is every bit as pitiful as not showing up in the first place.

It's kind of like watching an alternate reality where Kiffen just keeps getting rewarded for juvenile behavior.

I expect Karma's Perfect Storm to finally intervene.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Chukker Veteran View Post
    That's what caught my attention. The updated excuse is every bit as pitiful as not showing up in the first place.

It's kind of like watching an alternate reality where Kiffen just keeps getting rewarded for juvenile behavior.

I expect Karma's Perfect Storm to finally intervene.
    She does eventually win, doesn't she? She sometimes takes her own sweet time getting to it, but it's always a matter of when, not if.

This could get fun.
    Undefeated World Champion Threadkiller

Suspended
    My Mood
    Angelic on TideFans.com

Remember when Miami dressed in Camo and then walked out of a seated dinner with Penn State?