Coach Lame and USC stay classy in El Paso (link)

NDinNYC

Suspended
Dec 26, 2012
Sure Kiffin is a cheater, liar, petulant clown and classless buffoon but, you have to give it to the guy: wherever he goes, he always wins.....oh, wait.

Well, his wife is pretty hot. So that's something.

Last edited:

WalkaboutSean

1st Team
Nov 23, 2010
Prior to the 1983 Sun Bowl, the 10-1 SMU Mustangs were unhappy about playing in the bowl. They also felt they deserved to play a better opponent than the 7-4 Alabama Crimson Tide.

One SMU player called El Paso a "pitiful town." The general attitude of the team had locals rooting for the out-of-state team to win.

Final score: Alabama 28, SMU 7

:biggrin:

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
Prior to the 1983 Sun Bowl, the 10-1 SMU Mustangs were unhappy about playing in the bowl. They also felt they deserved to play a better opponent than the 7-4 Alabama Crimson Tide.

One SMU player called El Paso a "pitiful town." The general attitude of the team had locals rooting for the out-of-state team to win.

Remember it well.....good win...probably the high point of Perkin's first season

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
The bowl committee ought to withhold money for not showing up to a required appearance. That will get the conference and school's attention.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
IMO Pat Haden is not the type AD who will put up with much more of Kiffen's crap. Another underachieving year or post probation and Kiffin will be headed to Dallas as HC.

Lil' Harv

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 4, 2007

That was the first Alabama game I attended. I was in the Army stationed at Ft. Bliss with the 3rd ACR.My seat was behind the SMU band and I got to listen to we want Boston College because Alabama was not good enough to be on the field with SMU. After halftime show I had to tell the tuba player "I bet yall really wish yall were playing Boston College because we're beating the crap out of yall.I hate SMU to this day for that very reason.RTR

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Obviously, the head coach gets the blunt of the criticism. However, does the bowl not have a rep with the team to make sure they are on time? Or does USC not have a Director of Football Operations to tell Kiffykens to get on the bus?

And the update in the article says this:

(UPDATE: Here is the explanation from USCFootball.com on the dinner faux pas: The Trojans said they were only a half hour late, bowl officials knew the whole time, Georgia Tech actually left 75 minutes before it was supposed to, and therefore USC deserves no blame. "It wasn't a problem for anybody," USC Sports Information Director Tim Tessalone said Thursday to the site. "No one was upset.")
So Georgia Tech leaves 75 minutes early? How long are they supposed to be at these events?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.