Coach Lame and USC stay classy in El Paso (link)

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

IH8Orange

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2000
Trussville, AL, USA
Obviously, the head coach gets the blunt of the criticism. However, does the bowl not have a rep with the team to make sure they are on time? Or does USC not have a Director of Football Operations to tell Kiffykens to get on the bus?

And the update in the article says this:

So Georgia Tech leaves 75 minutes early? How long are they supposed to be at these events?
How can USC only be 30 minutes late, but Georgia Tech leave 75 minutes before they are supposed to? Wouldn't that make GT leaving 45 minutes before the event even starts? If Georgia Tech LEFT 45 minutes early, then how early did they ARRIVE? None of this makes sense. It sounds like USC is desperate for damage control, but IMO they are failing miserably.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
How can USC only be 30 minutes late, but Georgia Tech leave 75 minutes before they are supposed to? Wouldn't that make GT leaving 45 minutes before the event even starts? If Georgia Tech LEFT 45 minutes early, then how early did they ARRIVE? None of this makes sense. It sounds like USC is desperate for damage control, but IMO they are failing miserably.
That's what caught my attention. The updated excuse is every bit as pitiful as not showing up in the first place.

It's kind of like watching an alternate reality where Kiffen just keeps getting rewarded for juvenile behavior.

I expect Karma's Perfect Storm to finally intervene.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
That's what caught my attention. The updated excuse is every bit as pitiful as not showing up in the first place.

It's kind of like watching an alternate reality where Kiffen just keeps getting rewarded for juvenile behavior.

I expect Karma's Perfect Storm to finally intervene.
She does eventually win, doesn't she? She sometimes takes her own sweet time getting to it, but it's always a matter of when, not if.

This could get fun.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
When Lame Kitten was hired by USC I thought it was a square peg in a round hole scenario. USCw has an illustrious history and I thought Pat Haden was a good hire as AD. Perhaps his plan is to keep Kitten until the probation/schollie reductions are ended before he tries to get a real coach with class. Using Kitten in this way would be karma.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I read a blurb that suggested that Laney-poo would soon be HC of the Chargers. (Since his last NFL stint went so well & all...)
In his open letter to Kiffin when he fired him at Oakland, how many times did Al Davis call Lane Kiffin a liar? Has to be double digits.

Lane Kiffin may be the only person ever born who could make Al Davis in his last years come off as grounded and wise.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.