Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Recipes
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Re: Nick Saban post practice presser (12/27)

Quote Originally Posted by ROLLTRIBE View Post
    I'd be interested to know exactly what you dislike about him...
    Doesn't look like you're going to be able to read any further "thoughts" from this guy.
    "Sometimes the juice is worth the squeeze." - Marcus Luttrell, 'Service - A Navy SEAL at War'

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by SavannahDare View Post
    Doesn't look like you're going to be able to read any further "thoughts" from this guy.
    So let it be written, so let it be done!

Actually, I think we've got the guidelines sort of understood, but the software won't let me reinstate him...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Actually, I think we've got the guidelines sort of understood, but the software won't let me reinstate him...
    I've never known you to be out-maneuvered by computer software. Maybe it's a glitch that won't clear up until Jan. 8th.
    "Sometimes the juice is worth the squeeze." - Marcus Luttrell, 'Service - A Navy SEAL at War'

I've never known you to be out-maneuvered by computer software. Maybe it's a glitch that won't clear up until Jan. 8th.
    No, I'm serious. I've had something like this happen several times with vB. It comes back and says that it's saved the user profile page and the save is still there when I refresh, but nothing happens on the front end. He'll just have to reapply under a slightly different name. Not worth getting our tech backup folks involved...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by ROLLTRIBE View Post
    I'd be interested to know exactly what you dislike about him...
    It was mostly a tongue-in-cheek comment. I don't hate the guy - though I know many football fans that do (ND and otherwise). Reasons are often related to his personality in interviews or press conferences (doesn't bother me) and perceived issues with oversigning / medical hardships is also a popular one. I'm not attempting to debate what's right or wrong there - just giving you an idea of what many football fans point to when they talk about not liking Nick Saban.

For me, the way he left the Dolphins was tough to stomach. I understand that he's not the only coach to do what he did and I appreciate the fact that I recently heard him say he feels as bad about the way he left Miami as anything that he's done in his professional career (paraphrasing). You have to respect when a guy makes a mistake and owns up to it. Still, doesn't mean I have to like him. Regardless, never heard anyone debate the fact that he's a heck of a coach.

BamaNation Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    No, I'm serious. I've had something like this happen several times with vB. It comes back and says that it's saved the user profile page and the save is still there when I refresh, but nothing happens on the front end. He'll just have to reapply under a slightly different name. Not worth getting our tech backup folks involved...
    Back and better than ever. NDinNYC - Model 2.0

Thanks, Tide

BamaNation First Team Lost in TN's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Does what he said rise to the level of posting on "Bama Hats"? Happy New Year!!!!

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by NDinNYC2 View Post
    For me, the way he left the Dolphins was tough to stomach.
    If CNS lives to be 300 years old, gives all his money to the orphans and says 1,000 hail Mary's a day, he'll never live that down....at least, not to those outside the BAMA NATION
    Last edited by ROLLTRIBE; December 28th, 2012 at 06:39 PM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BAMAFAN IN NY's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Nick Saban post practice presser (12/27)

No one cares if you like him or not.
    Touch that thang fo!-- Courtney Upshaw

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

My world is FULL of people that I respect but don't like - said me, never.
    "Um, that's just like, your opinion, man."

- The Dude

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Personally, I think the media drives perception of coaches very well. Look how much ESPN eats up guys like Tommy Tuberville who has soured on every administration he's ever worked for in college. When you're open to let them talk to you and give them good answers, they think you're a great guy. When you are willingly obtuse to control the flow of information and prevent access to the full team like Saban, you get no chance with the media.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Tidewater's Avatar
    My Mood
    Brooding on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by NDinNYC2 View Post
    It was mostly a tongue-in-cheek comment. I don't hate the guy - though I know many football fans that do (ND and otherwise). Reasons are often related to his personality in interviews or press conferences (doesn't bother me) and perceived issues with oversigning / medical hardships is also a popular one. I'm not attempting to debate what's right or wrong there - just giving you an idea of what many football fans point to when they talk about not liking Nick Saban.
    The number 1 (unstated) reason people don't like him is that he kicks their teams' backsides.