Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    BamaNation All-American bamabelle1991's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Nick Saban post practice presser (12/27)

The whole medical hardship thing REALLY chaps my rear end. If you have a kid who has been told by physicians that he should NOT play football, then he should NOT play football. There have only been a handful of kids who this applies to in recent memory--if I am wrong, please correct me. The AJC made a MOUNT EVEREST out of a mole hill last year with the kid who lost his scholly before signing day--which opened up his signing somewhere else. With signing limits, CNS can't be blamed for what happened there. The players already on the team have their scholarships HONORED therefore giving them a FREE education. There are NO losers here but the media sure can make it seem like it. I think CNS handles things like this with honor and class. I admire him for his NO-BS and NO EXCUSES policy.

As stated above, there has never been a cover up of anything under CNS's watch. Penn State and Notre Dame cannot speak the same.

2. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    We don't catch it just from them. Our SEC rivals use it to repeatedly call him a liar. It was even attempted to be used in recruiting against him. One thing all recruits parent say about him is that he is a straight shooter. He first talks with them about academics and the importance of obtaining a degree. Then he tells them the challenges they will face obtaining PT at Bama and how much work it's going to take. I guess one of his more quoted lines was when he told Julio Jones that we would win with him or we would win without him. That was what Julio said made the difference - and he didn't choose OK. It really stinks coming from the Auburn fans. They hired Tubberville away from OM at a time when he was saying he would only leave Oxford in a pine box. I was in a position to know that he'd already accepted AU's offer. I could go on...
    I would offer that the criticizm is a testament to Saban's success. It's almost a Badge of Honor that the criticism continues. Embrace the Hate! LOL I suspect Saban and staff are quite adept at dealing with this.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

They hired Tubberville away from OM at a time when he was saying he would only leave Oxford in a pine box. I was in a position to know that he'd already accepted AU's offer. I could go on...
    The sad part of this story is I new a kid on this team and after Tubberville left, the kid never really recovered from the lies that Tubberville told the team. I am sure a few more of those players felt a little uneasy about coaches after Tommy. Miami was at least professionals.

Quote Originally Posted by Con View Post
    The sad part of this story is I new a kid on this team and after Tubberville left, the kid never really recovered from the lies that Tubberville told the team. I am sure a few more of those players felt a little uneasy about coaches after Tommy. Miami was at least professionals.
    Did you know that Tubberville's staff took all the playbooks, film etc., property all belonging to the university, and was forced to return it only under threat of legal action?
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by taddy View Post
    I would offer that the criticizm is a testament to Saban's success. It's almost a Badge of Honor that the criticism continues. Embrace the Hate! LOL I suspect Saban and staff are quite adept at dealing with this.
    It's only a mild irritant from time to time. Bama has almost always been hated, except for the period when were down under Dubose, Shula. You guys have received a bit of a break from the hate, since you've had a similar, or even longer, down period. Welcome back to the club...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Did you know that Tubberville's staff took all the playbooks, film etc., property all belonging to the university, and was forced to return it only under threat of legal action?
    I did not, but I definitely believe it. He has shown his true colors in the last 15 years or so. I first met him when he was just a LB's coach at Miami and he was already an arrogant individual. I thought he might have have changed when he got the head job at Ole Miss. That obviously was not the case.