Nick Saban post practice presser (12/27)

taddy

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 25, 2012
We don't catch it just from them. Our SEC rivals use it to repeatedly call him a liar. It was even attempted to be used in recruiting against him. One thing all recruits parent say about him is that he is a straight shooter. He first talks with them about academics and the importance of obtaining a degree. Then he tells them the challenges they will face obtaining PT at Bama and how much work it's going to take. I guess one of his more quoted lines was when he told Julio Jones that we would win with him or we would win without him. That was what Julio said made the difference - and he didn't choose OK. It really stinks coming from the Auburn fans. They hired Tubberville away from OM at a time when he was saying he would only leave Oxford in a pine box. I was in a position to know that he'd already accepted AU's offer. I could go on...
I would offer that the criticizm is a testament to Saban's success. It's almost a Badge of Honor that the criticism continues. Embrace the Hate! LOL I suspect Saban and staff are quite adept at dealing with this.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
They hired Tubberville away from OM at a time when he was saying he would only leave Oxford in a pine box. I was in a position to know that he'd already accepted AU's offer. I could go on...
The sad part of this story is I new a kid on this team and after Tubberville left, the kid never really recovered from the lies that Tubberville told the team. I am sure a few more of those players felt a little uneasy about coaches after Tommy. Miami was at least professionals.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
The sad part of this story is I new a kid on this team and after Tubberville left, the kid never really recovered from the lies that Tubberville told the team. I am sure a few more of those players felt a little uneasy about coaches after Tommy. Miami was at least professionals.
Did you know that Tubberville's staff took all the playbooks, film etc., property all belonging to the university, and was forced to return it only under threat of legal action?

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I would offer that the criticizm is a testament to Saban's success. It's almost a Badge of Honor that the criticism continues. Embrace the Hate! LOL I suspect Saban and staff are quite adept at dealing with this.
It's only a mild irritant from time to time. Bama has almost always been hated, except for the period when were down under Dubose, Shula. You guys have received a bit of a break from the hate, since you've had a similar, or even longer, down period. Welcome back to the club... :D

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Did you know that Tubberville's staff took all the playbooks, film etc., property all belonging to the university, and was forced to return it only under threat of legal action?
I did not, but I definitely believe it. He has shown his true colors in the last 15 years or so. I first met him when he was just a LB's coach at Miami and he was already an arrogant individual. I thought he might have have changed when he got the head job at Ole Miss. That obviously was not the case.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.