Top Targets left before NSD

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
There's some talk on the AJC from some Alabama folks that the coaches have moved on from Reuben Foster. Anybody hearing similar stuff?

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Wasn't there a tweet, or something similar to it from one of the All-Star games that said Bo knew where RF was going and that he wouldn't tell?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Wasn't there a tweet, or something similar to it from one of the All-Star games that said Bo knew where RF was going and that he wouldn't tell?
Bo told Bone at the Junior combine that he is the only person Rueben has told where he will play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so my post may not be what I typed thanks to auto correct. Also, I may need an emoticon but cannot use one in this post.

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC
Scarbrough also told me that he speaks with Reuben Foster almost every day. He said Reuben is "definitely not signing with Auburn." I asked him if he thought Reuben may end up back at Alabama. His response was, "I don't think they will let him back. I wish he would, but I don't think they will let him."

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Scarbrough also told me that he speaks with Reuben Foster almost every day. He said Reuben is "definitely not signing with Auburn." I asked him if he thought Reuben may end up back at Alabama. His response was, "I don't think they will let him back. I wish he would, but I don't think they will let him."

Young Mr. Foster has discovered -- perhaps for one of the few times in his football life -- that actions have consequences.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
So, does losing Walker mean we will key on D Line prospects? I know Paige is a good one but we really need some depth. How does it look for Liner? Is Adams even an option? Who else may emerge over the next 3 weeks?

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
So, does losing Walker mean we will key on D Line prospects? I know Paige is a good one but we really need some depth. How does it look for Liner? Is Adams even an option? Who else may emerge over the next 3 weeks?
I think we'll have to scramble a little bit. From what others have said, we looked good for Liner, but I have no clue as to present idea. I don't think we were ever really a serious contender for Adams. Jones has emerged as a very good prospect recently. He is currently committed to MSU and we offered late in the game, but I hope we can get him to visit. We always give kids an opportunity to get early PT, but DL and DB are two spots where depth is not that great and the opportunity to play is greater.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
I think we'll have to scramble a little bit. From what others have said, we looked good for Liner, but I have no clue as to present idea. I don't think we were ever really a serious contender for Adams. Jones has emerged as a very good prospect recently. He is currently committed to MSU and we offered late in the game, but I hope we can get him to visit. We always give kids an opportunity to get early PT, but DL and DB are two spots where depth is not that great and the opportunity to play is greater.
we won't have to scramble. we have a lot of guys "on hold" if the top targets don't come.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
we won't have to scramble. we have a lot of guys "on hold" if the top targets don't come.
That's reassuring. I trust our staff's recruiting ability and evaluation. It just gets frustrating to continually miss with DE's. I'm hoping Kirven and Tomlinson can jump right into the rotation because after pagan and stinson, I'm a bit concerned with depth (I'm not sure if Pettway goes to Jack or DE).

brutetough

1st Team
Dec 11, 2010
I would like to see Fanning in beast mode next year.
That's reassuring. I trust our staff's recruiting ability and evaluation. It just gets frustrating to continually miss with DE's. I'm hoping Kirven and Tomlinson can jump right into the rotation because after pagan and stinson, I'm a bit concerned with depth (I'm not sure if Pettway goes to Jack or DE).

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
tomlinson was supposed to contribute this year off jump street. im assuming the same will apply next year.
I believe the injury he got during the spring hampered that more than anything. He should contribute next year as well as Kirven. In case folks havent noticed, Pagan and Pettway are very good.

tidefan26

1st Team
Dec 5, 2005
South Alabama
I believe the injury he got during the spring hampered that more than anything. He should contribute next year as well as Kirven. In case folks havent noticed, Pagan and Pettway are very good.
I wonder why he doesn't play more? He seems to make a play every time he is in. The sack in the BCSCG and he was the one who turned the LSU runner back on the 4th and 1. Does he just not know the defense, or are there more consistent players in front of him?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.