Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Von Bell
Dee Liner
Reuben Foster
Tunsil
Robert Nkemdiche
Austin Golson
Yep. Good list. I'd throw in Antonio Connor and M. Adams (even though our chances with either is probably slim at best). Most likely, I see us finishing with Bell and Liner. Reuben is a conundrum; he seems cold to us and then contacts CNS; Tunsil is also one on the fence with us and UGA (I won't be surprised if he chooses us, but same thing if he chooses UGA).

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Add Kamara, Beckwith and Williams.
Beckwith is definitely interesting. I'm wondering if we can keep pulling these guys from LA. I think CNS is doing to LA now what he did to Mobile when he was at LSU (making a statement in an opponent's backyard).

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Off of RTR91's list, I think we actually finish with Vonn Bell, Dee Liner, and Austin Golson, and maybe one or two more that are not familiar names. Saban seems to have a knack for getting at least one or two at the very end that no one expected(like Kenny Bell a few yrs ago).

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Tunsil and Golson or one or the other? With 4 linemen in the class already, I would guess we're down to either/or.
Yep, it's first to commit imho. We have a couple needs left still where we have big names. Kamara looks like he is ours if we want; we're just waiting to see if one of our RBs flips.

Cadillac55

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 18, 2010
I hate to play the pessimistic card here, but does anyone out there see any current commits wavering? (thus making additional room for some of the names above)

bamapuppy

1st Team
Mar 28, 2008
Hillsborough, NC
Off of RTR91's list, I think we actually finish with Vonn Bell, Dee Liner, and Austin Golson, and maybe one or two more that are not familiar names. Saban seems to have a knack for getting at least one or two at the very end that no one expected(like Kenny Bell a few yrs ago).
Or the three star running back "Mark Ingram" LOL. How did that work out?? :smile:

Heisman4Bama

1st Team
Jun 18, 2010
Plus "Player X," the one who Demarcus Walker and Reggie Ragland were referring to that is supposed to commit to us after his OV in January. An offensive skill player out of Florida.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
I may be pessimistic, but I don't see Tunsil happening.

I think our shot at Liner, Golson, and Bell are fairly high. Reuben Foster, I would say, has improved from a 10% chance to maybe....25%. Possibly more? Nkemdiche will still end up at Ole Miss, unless something drastic changes...though I believe we're a close second. IF we lose one of the three Backs we've already received commits from, then Kamara would be ours I think...but as of now, I say no. I would like to pull Beckwith, but I see him landing at LSU still... I do think we may have a surprise left out there this year...plus the infamous "Player X" that Walker and Ragland spoke about...

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
So what is the thinking on X? What is a best guess as to his identity? Do we think it is someone currently committed to another school?

Last edited:

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
I'm curious where the Golson optimism is coming from. Everything I keep hearing from folks around the kid indicate he still plans on going to FSU.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
I definitely think we take another OL, but Tunsil has said or done nothing to make me think he signs with us. That's why I think that train has left the station and one reason that we took another committment from Brandon Hill and why I like our chances of flipping Golson.

Last edited:

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
People close to the situation (per ESPN insider) said Golson was high on us, but was waiting to see what Tunsil did before considering a flip.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.