James Spann has A Warning For The Irish

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
I can tell you that being in the polygon sucks. I was there Christmas night. In the bathtub with kids, pillows, blankets, flashlights, lanterns, etc. haha

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I can tell you that being in the polygon sucks. I was there Christmas night. In the bathtub with kids, pillows, blankets, flashlights, lanterns, etc. haha
I know the feeling..I wasn't in any warning area Christmas..But..Have been in many many warnings over the years..Spann has a calm demeanor about him that helps calms the nerves until the warning is over..

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
We need a James Spann down here. Our weather guys have a way of scaring the CRAP out of children. :eek2: We had an EF-2 that was 600 yds wide and went for 16 miles Christmas night. 52 homes destroyed and we were 1 mile outside the path. I cannot imagine what it was like in T Town that night in April.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
We need a James Spann down here. Our weather guys have a way of scaring the CRAP out of children. :eek2: We had an EF-2 that was 600 yds wide and went for 16 miles Christmas night. 52 homes destroyed and we were 1 mile outside the path. I cannot imagine what it was like in T Town that night in April.
bad...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
That's kinda minor in comparison with what Madison County gets on a regular basis. Many homes north of Huntsville were destroyed for the third time in ten years. I'm not denigrating what happened in Tuscaloosa County at all...

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
That's kinda minor in comparison with what Madison County gets on a regular basis. Many homes north of Huntsville were destroyed for the third time in ten years. I'm not denigrating what happened in Tuscaloosa County at all...
I don't know what it is about Tuscaloosa & Huntsville..They both seem like a magnet for large tornado's..

TrueGritnPluck

Suspended
Nov 21, 2011

James Spann had a message for BYU as well - "Stay Out Of The Polygamy"

Craxycat

All-SEC
Apr 24, 2009
gah!! lol!!

Love James Spann! I miss him a LOT with me and Hubby having to move w/ the military. I can't tell ya how many times I turn to him and say, "Wish James Spann travelled w/ us." lol the new weather folks never live up to him period.

TrueGritnPluck

Suspended
Nov 21, 2011
gah!! lol!!

Love James Spann! I miss him a LOT with me and Hubby having to move w/ the military. I can't tell ya how many times I turn to him and say, "Wish James Spann travelled w/ us." lol the new weather folks never live up to him period.
Download the new James Spann App :cool:

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
gah!! lol!!

During the week days James does a "Weather Extreme" video twice a day on the ABC 33/40 Weather Blog..He will also post the videos daily on his FaceBook Page..He pretty much covers the entire US with what's going on weather wise..I watch his video everyday..He shows different weather maps & models he doesn't have time to show on TV..Brian Petere does the video for James on weekends & during holidays..Pretty Interesting stuff..

Here's The Link To The ABC 33/40 Weather Blog..CLICK ME

Here's The Link To His FaceBook Page..CLICK ME

IH8Orange

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2000
Trussville, AL, USA
Back on January 23rd, we ended up inside the path of the EF3 that hit Trussville. In our neighborhood, we had 3 people with major injuries and about 4 or 5 more with minor injuries. In the subdivision that was hit just before ours, a 16 year old girl was killed.

I can't say how my experience compared with that in Tuscaloosa, but our experience was frightening because the tornado hit in the dark. We had sections of the roof that were missing or crushed under trees as well as broken windows and walls that were damaged by trees and debris. We had one car completely crushed by a large tree and another badly damaged (was totalled the next day), but my pickup only had minor debris damage. We weren't exactly sure how much damage had been done to our neighborhood, but we knew that it was bad because of the amount and types of debris that was scattered everywhere as well as the smell of broken pine and natural gas leaks everywhere.

I believe that in the end, about 16 homes were destroyed or condemned with probably another 20 or so having some type of damage. There were a few major injuries in the neighborhood, but everyone recovered from those. One of the greatest effects of the tornado was the destruction of almost all the trees along a 200 or so yard wide path in a neighborhood that had been heavily wooded prior. It will take years for the wooded areas to recover.

Crushing the Irish and sandwiching all this mess between consecutive national championships would help salve the pain a bit, however.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.