Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BamaNation All-SEC WylieTexasTider's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Weather for title game (rain/wind)

I know a 10 day weather forecast is as believable as the barn saying they didn't buy Cam but, checking various weather sites online, the consensus is for a rainy & windy Monday night. I think this favors BAMA as we like to run the ball down your throat and ND will be a little tentative to stack the box for fear of our play action b/c one slip and it will be 7 for Cooper over the top. The rain will also help our D as a messy field will limit Golson's ability to run around and play sand lot ball. Thoughts?
    "What happened yesterday is history. What happens tomorrow is a mystery. What we do today makes a difference - the precious present moment."-Nick Saban

2. Advertisement
    My Mood
    Confused on TideFans.com

Re: Weather for title game (rain/wind)

Really want to see this game on a dry field with good conditions. One never knows what way the ball will bounce, fly, glide, when the wind is blowing and the hands and arms are wet. Probably be best for us if it is warm and humid--I think our conditioning and acclimation to that might prove to be an advantage.

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamacon's Avatar

Hope it is better than that field LSU/Penn St. had that one year. That was dangerous and pathetically embarassing. Think that venue went to turf after that.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

We did pretty well in rainy conditions this year.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by bamacon View Post
    Hope it is better than that field LSU/Penn St. had that one year. That was dangerous and pathetically embarassing. Think that venue went to turf after that.
    It did indeed.

I saw my 1st ever Bama / Bowl / NCAA game there 2 years ago [our dismantling of Michigan State] and yes, they had switched to turf at the ol' Citrus Bowl.

Incidentally, Rutgers and Va Tech played there amidst showers last night.

I just arrived here yesterday [from Ottawa, Canada - where we'd been hit with 30 inches of snow w/in the last week!] but had no urge to go to the game.

I mean, attending most any game not involving Bama would be a come-down now, what with my 1st ever game involving Bama, in a bowl game...

Already got a couple of Roll Tide's in my first few hours here...

Long range forecast here calls for warm temps, and possibility of showers....
    Last edited by Rush; December 29th, 2012 at 11:24 AM.

BamaNation All-American

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenda...+USFL0149:1:US

Youre right in that a 10-day forecast isn't that reliable. Still, as of this posting, Weather Channel calls for good temps, 20% chance of rain on Jan 7. A little breezy, but winds pretty consistent with the nine days leading up.
    Undefeated World Champion Threadkiller

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I don't like a windy/rainy game either, but let's look on the bright side. At least the game is in Miami, Fl instead of South Bend, IN.

Suspended
    My Mood
    Aggressive on TideFans.com

If you ever watch the Marlins you will notice it rains majority of the day but only briefly. That is the reason they got a retractable roof.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

As long as Bama wins let it pour. We play very well in the rain.
    ROLL TIDE!

Suspended

not liking the weather - bad - keeps a dog hanging around..hope the weather is better

BamaNation Third Team

game should be played in New York or Los Angeles

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by domeronaroll View Post
    game should be played in New York or Los Angeles
    Because as we saw today in Pinstripe Bowl, NYC provides better conditions than the projected weather for Miami.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so my post may not be what I typed thanks to auto correct. Also, I may need an emoticon but cannot use one in this post.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation First Team tattooguy21's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

have been tracking weather like everyone else here and am planning worse case scenario. anyone seen poncho's/rain light rain gear that's not these two items? http://shop.rolltide.com/COLLEGE_Ala...ories_Rainwear

i've seen bad reviews on the 3 in one poncho set, and a poncho with short sleeves is just...well.....stupid