Weather for title game (rain/wind)

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
I know a 10 day weather forecast is as believable as the barn saying they didn't buy Cam but, checking various weather sites online, the consensus is for a rainy & windy Monday night. I think this favors BAMA as we like to run the ball down your throat and ND will be a little tentative to stack the box for fear of our play action b/c one slip and it will be 7 for Cooper over the top. The rain will also help our D as a messy field will limit Golson's ability to run around and play sand lot ball. Thoughts?

jcabama

1st Team
Jul 19, 2004
Bonaire GA
Really want to see this game on a dry field with good conditions. One never knows what way the ball will bounce, fly, glide, when the wind is blowing and the hands and arms are wet. Probably be best for us if it is warm and humid--I think our conditioning and acclimation to that might prove to be an advantage.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Hope it is better than that field LSU/Penn St. had that one year. That was dangerous and pathetically embarassing. Think that venue went to turf after that.
It did indeed.

I saw my 1st ever Bama / Bowl / NCAA game there 2 years ago [our dismantling of Michigan State] and yes, they had switched to turf at the ol' Citrus Bowl.

Incidentally, Rutgers and Va Tech played there amidst showers last night.

I just arrived here yesterday [from Ottawa, Canada - where we'd been hit with 30 inches of snow w/in the last week!] but had no urge to go to the game.

I mean, attending most any game not involving Bama would be a come-down now, what with my 1st ever game involving Bama, in a bowl game...

Already got a couple of Roll Tide's in my first few hours here...

Long range forecast here calls for warm temps, and possibility of showers....

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
game should be played in New York or Los Angeles
Because as we saw today in Pinstripe Bowl, NYC provides better conditions than the projected weather for Miami.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so my post may not be what I typed thanks to auto correct. Also, I may need an emoticon but cannot use one in this post.

TideHiFlyer

Scout Team
Sep 3, 2012
A, A
Im a pro pilot. 7 day forecasts are meaningless. Joke: "What did the old forecaster say to the young forecaster? I've revised more forecasts that you have ever made." 4 days out are usually more accurate. BTW, the game is at night and winds tend to die down at night unless there is an organized storm system. I also know something about the oceans and how the Tide Rolls! ROLL TIDE!

TheCrimsonLiver

All-SEC
Aug 21, 2006
Pell City
I lived in Florida for over seven years. They have no clue what the weather will do that day, much less, seven days out. It's where meteorologists go to die.

BFANLC

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
In a dream world
New York would be the worst possible place to have it, traffic is already awful. Weather will be nasty, I'm thinking Bama (Tuscaloosa) would be a better place ;)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.