Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Re: How Many Bowl Games are too Many?

Quote Originally Posted by BamaAlum97 View Post
    In 2 weeks everyone will be complaining that the college football is over...More bowl games means more college football.
    Well, I complain when GOOD football is over. Multi-loss teams from mid-level conferences aren't interesting to me...
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. ©2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Second Team

Quote Originally Posted by BamaAlum97 View Post
    In 2 weeks everyone will be complaining that the college football is over...More bowl games means more college football. A lot of these games might not be important to the entire nation, but they are the biggest thing going for the players and fans of the schools involved.
    I agree. In about 2 more weeks there want be any college football for about 8 months other than spring games. I don't care to watch pro football until the play offs so I'm happy the way it is now.

BamaNation Hall of Fame DiamondDust's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BamaGreek View Post
    5 bowl games on today!
    You're right... I forgot two will be happening at the same time. Even better.
    “We have 45 men suited up. They're all supposed to be ready to play.”

-Bill Belichick

I personally don't care how many there are, but with that being said I hope Bama would decide to stay home with anything less than a 9 win season.

BamaNation All-SEC 37bamagreats55's Avatar

This Rice/Air Force game is almost unbearable to watch. These two teams aren't very good.

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    Well, I complain when GOOD football is over. Multi-loss teams from mid-level conferences aren't interesting to me...
    I can understand that. My question which no one seems to want to answer is this. Given that these games don't interest you, why is it you feel these games should be denied to those who will watch? That don't effect you at all. They aren't knocking other programs off the air, you aren't required to watch them and they have zero affect on our game. Instead of saying there are too many why not just say you don't care?

There are a lot of high school games on tv here every week that have the same effect on you as these bowl games. Are there too many high school games on tv?

BamaNation All-SEC 37bamagreats55's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dallas4Bama View Post
    I can understand that. My question which no one seems to want to answer is this. Given that these games don't interest you, why is it you feel these games should be denied to those who will watch? That don't effect you at all. They aren't knocking other programs off the air, you aren't required to watch them and they have zero affect on our game. Instead of saying there are too many why not just say you don't care?

There are a lot of high school games on tv here every week that have the same effect on you as these bowl games. Are there too many high school games on tv?
    Everybody has an opinion, just as you do. I'm watching this game because I love football. This particular game, however, sucks. It's not in my hands how many bowl games there are. On the other hand, when people tune in, I think they want to see a somewhat quality product on the field.
    And, there aren't nearly as many high school football games on tv as college games.

BamaNation Second Team
    My Mood
    Amused on TideFans.com

I think it comes down to how some of us think its not good to reward sub-par performance. Post season play should be a reward for those teams that perform better than a .500 season. Maybe they should change the requirement to have at least 8 wins on the season instead of 6. At the very least make it 7 wins. Hey even though you only successfully completed half the race here is an award for a job done not well. Its not necessarily about caring or not caring about the games that are on. Happy that they have gotten the opportunity to get that bowl game money but did the product of their season's work warrant that?
    Last edited by KnockturnalTide; December 29th, 2012 at 02:38 PM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Complaining because schools that you deem "unworthy" get to play in a bowl game? Those kids have probably worked harder to achieve a 6-6 season than most of those complaining have ever worked in their lives.
    Last edited by B1GTide; December 29th, 2012 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 37bamagreats55 View Post
    And, there aren't nearly as many high school football games on tv as college games.
    Even if there were 100 on they would have absolutely zero effect on someone who didn't watch them.

My Mood
    Cynical on TideFans.com

Any bowl that I dont recognize its name is too many.

BamaNation All-American bamabelle1991's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    Complaining because schools that you deem "unworthy" get to play in a bowl game? Those kids have probably worked harder to achieve a 6-6 seson than most of those complaining have ever worked in their lives.
    So, we are back to a "trophy for participation" mentality? I respectfully disagree. I'm fairly certain that the LIFE I have lived since age 18 is worthy of comparison to any college football player. I'd fathom the same applies to nearly everyone posting on Tide Fans today--especially those who have served their country in times of war.

The good thing about the bowl season from here on out, there are some very good games ahead of us! I am especially looking forward to the "Snow/Freezing Rain/Sleet" Bowl from Yankee Stadium today.

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by bamabelle1991 View Post
    So, we are back to a "trophy for participation" mentality?
    I didn't say a thing about handing out trophies.