How Many Bowl Games are too Many?

CRIMSON HAMMAH

Suspended
Dec 17, 2012
Nothing poor about them - Mich St lost 5 of 6 by 4 points or less....good vs good

keystroke efficiency is everything

Last edited:
great game by good teams and correct the iowa loss was bad all others were good losses
I have never experienced a good loss, how do those feel.

I understand what you're saying but good teams find ways to win, not lose those close games.
There Jets are hilarious. I give you that, especially with the butt fumble.

Last edited by a moderator:

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
Here's a newsflash Crimson Hammah, everybody doesn't have to agree with you. The "true football fan" logic is nonsense. How many people do you know who aren't TEAM fans? That is why 98% of us are here on Tide Fans--BECAUSE WE ARE ALABAMA FOOTBALL FANS.

Even though I 100% agree there are too many bowl games, I have watched every single one of them. Most provided some decent football, too. However, I still believe you should win more than 6 games to get to post-season play. Based on most of the other comments in this thread, I am not alone in that belief.

Everybody doesn't have to agree with me, either, but you don't see me harassing other members because they disagree. Chill.:rolleyes:

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
doesn't matter a true football fan loves a kentucky missouri matchup or a jets cardiinal game ...or saints panthers at noon....all over it ...roman harper mark ingram vs the skank cam for all the marbles wait ...no just pride can't wait til noon
these college bowl games do not compare with any nfl matchup. that Saints game you will still have guys that can play.

CRIMSON HAMMAH

Suspended
Dec 17, 2012
monday ...i want to see vandy win ...i want to see gat beat the crap out of kiffen..skeered lsu will lose something is wrong at the core of that program love mike patrick announcing

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
I guess based on this description, I am a true football fan. haha. Well, except I still categorize the crappy bowl games as crappy even though I watch them. There have been some games that were excruciating to watch--even for this true fan.

Watch (sub-par) football instead of Law and Order reruns-- CHECK
Follow recruiting like a mad (wo)man while sub-par bowl game is on TV-- CHECK
Play xBox with son while listening to sub-par bowl games-- CHECK
Have sub-par bowl games on while putting Christmas trampoline together outside--CHECK
Watching HGTV and posting on TideFans-- CHECK :)

Last edited by a moderator:

CRIMSON HAMMAH

Suspended
Dec 17, 2012
great post and brings up another reason to watch - december are all non sec games and these days every window but late late west coast games almost always have a compelling sec game to watch/11am 230 5 6 pm windows...true some excruciating but most awesome

and u can't appreciate the thrill of victory without the agony of defeat...can't appreciate a thriller without investing time in some dogs

Last edited:

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
So what? They may have worked hard, but they stunk as a team and shouldn't be rewarded for the poor results. Results are what counts, not how much effort went into it, otherwise we wouldn't keep score.
So we shouldn't have got invited to the Independence Bowl in 2007, Music City Bowl in 2004?

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I skimmed part of the thread and got a general feel of how people feel. I think people who say there are too many yearn for the days when a bowl game meant something special. Those days aren't returning and I agree you don't have to watch games if you don't want to. There are tons of games on every Saturday and my viewing is limited to the Bama game and mostly other SEC games. If a big national game is on, I'll watch it.

I don't think the BCS hurts other game's ratings. I think the number of games is what hurts the ratings. Someone said in 1976 we had 12 bowl games. Well, four of them were on New Year's Day and the Bluebonnet Bowl was on New Year's Eve. So we only had seven other games spread out the rest of late December. (And only the one in Memphis was very important).

So if a bowl game came on, you had to watch it because there weren't many left. Now, there is no sense of urgency to see a game because there are still plenty more to watch. So a bowl game has gone from an event, must see TV, to just something else on the schedule. Also, if you didn't want to see the 1976 Peach Bowl, you only had two other choices on TV. Now there are a lot more viewing choices, which hurts ratings across the board.

CRIMSON HAMMAH

Suspended
Dec 17, 2012
Side note weather forecast for bama nd went from 30% rain tstorms to a big fat zero....

Nothing wrong with games everyday and nothing right about eliminating games as long as they keep the games evenly matched as possible - 66 vs 66 not 92's vs 66....which they do ....if u want to wait for jan games wait for jan games and fuggedbout dec games

CRIMSON HAMMAH

Suspended
Dec 17, 2012
No they do not suck they won 6 and rewarded with a december bowl and they know full well they are not in a jan bowl

CRIMSON HAMMAH

Suspended
Dec 17, 2012
07 independence great game and spring board

ANOTHER GOOD REASON TO WATCH WHO'S SPRING BOARDING AND WHO IS NOT .....ARIZ ST SPRING BOARDED MICH ST SPRING BOARDED TEXAS HUGE SPRING BOARDERS

termite

1st Team
Dec 13, 2002
Albertville AL
I'm one of those that believes bowl games should be the top tier teams in the country playing each other, period. If I had my way, there would only be about a dozen games. If your team isn't good enough to land in the top 24, your season ends in early December (or late November).

Of course, those days of rewarding high levels of achievement are in the rear view mirror, unlikely ever to return. :(

Wow, what a powerful statement! I agree and applaud you for saying it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.