How Many Bowl Games are too Many?

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
i still say these games have been the worst in recent memory however i do admit, that not having a "home" crowd takes a ton of the emotion away as well as the exciting atmosphere that makes college football great.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
I loved the game, but being the oldest boy in my family, I missed out on a lot when you're almost totally surrounded by women who were not football fans.
I just noticed that you are from Pensacola and now live in Andalusia. My dad was from P-cola and his dad ended up in Andalusia. Small world! The crotchety old uncle was on my mom's side, though. LOL. He was in a house full of women, but for some reason, even though the house wasn't his, he thought the TV was! :mad2:

James Eagle

1st Team
Aug 9, 2011
North Georgia
As long as there are sponsors who are willing to pay to put the bowls on it shouldn't really matter. It always cracks me up when I hear people complain that there are too many bowls on or complain that no one wants to watch a match up between 2 six win teams. If you don't like it change the channel. No one is making you watch and they don't effect our game one bit. I never hear anyone complain there are too many games on during the regular season. There are plenty of games on tv every Saturday during the season that we might not be interested in, but for some reason during the bowl season games that don't interest us means there are too many. Personally I'd rather have the option of watching two six win teams play than not.
I totally agree. I'd rather watch two mediocre college football teams play in a bowl game than watch two great NBA teams play.

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
I had rather watch "Meet the Mayor" or "The Young and the Restless" or just watch paint peal than any NBA game.
I stopped watching the NBA a few years after Bird retired. Re: bowl games. I'm not so much about the records as the match up. I'll watch a football game as long as the two teams are comptetive against each other and don't appear totally inept. I watched most of the VA Tech bowl game though it was at times painful. :)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.