How Many Bowl Games are too Many?

Dallas4Bama

Suspended
Sep 27, 2006
Dallas, Texas
As long as there are sponsors who are willing to pay to put the bowls on it shouldn't really matter. It always cracks me up when I hear people complain that there are too many bowls on or complain that no one wants to watch a match up between 2 six win teams. If you don't like it change the channel. No one is making you watch and they don't effect our game one bit. I never hear anyone complain there are too many games on during the regular season. There are plenty of games on tv every Saturday during the season that we might not be interested in, but for some reason during the bowl season games that don't interest us means there are too many. Personally I'd rather have the option of watching two six win teams play than not.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
There should be about eight or 10 bowl games, that's it.

Six is probably the best number. It should be a reward for an excellent team having a great season, not barely breaking .500.

Dallas4Bama

Suspended
Sep 27, 2006
Dallas, Texas
When a 6-7 team goes to a bowl game, there are too many.
Can you please explain to me why this is bothersome to you? The days of a few bowls that are some big reward ended 30 years ago and we aren't going back to 4 or 5 bowls. That ship has sailed. Please explain to me how instead of simply looking at the tv guide and deciding you aren't interested in the games and doing something else, you see games you don't want to watch and decide there are too many?

Does it knock something off of tv you really want to see?

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
When a 6-7 team goes to a bowl game, there are too many.
7-6 and its too many! The market is flooded and there is nothing anyone can do at this point!
There should be about eight or 10 bowl games, that's it.

Six is probably the best number. It should be a reward for an excellent team having a great season, not barely breaking .500.
Couldn't agree more. At some point, these sponsors will get tired of paying big bucks to have 10K show up in person to watch. At least that is what I am hoping for! ;)

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
In the past getting a bowl invitation meant a team had a good season and it was a reward for its hard work and performance. Now with 35 bowls it is a matter of (in most cases) winning half of your games and finishing in the top 70 of the FCS. IMO the bowls should be limited to the top 25-30 teams based on the final BCS poll. That is still 12-15 bowl games.

BamaAlum97

1st Team
Dec 13, 2002
Tulsa, OK
I love college football so my answer is there are never too many.I love to watch the match ups between teams that rarely play.
In 2 weeks everyone will be complaining that the college football is over...More bowl games means more college football. A lot of these games might not be important to the entire nation, but they are the biggest thing going for the players and fans of the schools involved.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Well, it is simply (an admittedly subjective) commitment to excellence. I believe in rewarding excellence and punishing failure.
A team going into a bowl game at 6-7 is not excellent. They're not even competent.

rja4bama

3rd Team
Feb 12, 2004
meridianville al.
al.com
In 2 weeks everyone will be complaining that the college football is over...More bowl games means more college football. A lot of these games might not be important to the entire nation, but they are the biggest thing going for the players and fans of the schools involved.
I agree. In about 2 more weeks there want be any college football for about 8 months other than spring games. I don't care to watch pro football until the play offs so I'm happy the way it is now.

Dallas4Bama

Suspended
Sep 27, 2006
Dallas, Texas
Well, I complain when GOOD football is over. Multi-loss teams from mid-level conferences aren't interesting to me...
I can understand that. My question which no one seems to want to answer is this. Given that these games don't interest you, why is it you feel these games should be denied to those who will watch? That don't effect you at all. They aren't knocking other programs off the air, you aren't required to watch them and they have zero affect on our game. Instead of saying there are too many why not just say you don't care?

There are a lot of high school games on tv here every week that have the same effect on you as these bowl games. Are there too many high school games on tv?

37bamagreats55

All-American
Apr 1, 2003
Gardendale, AL
I can understand that. My question which no one seems to want to answer is this. Given that these games don't interest you, why is it you feel these games should be denied to those who will watch? That don't effect you at all. They aren't knocking other programs off the air, you aren't required to watch them and they have zero affect on our game. Instead of saying there are too many why not just say you don't care?

There are a lot of high school games on tv here every week that have the same effect on you as these bowl games. Are there too many high school games on tv?
Everybody has an opinion, just as you do. I'm watching this game because I love football. This particular game, however, sucks. It's not in my hands how many bowl games there are. On the other hand, when people tune in, I think they want to see a somewhat quality product on the field.
And, there aren't nearly as many high school football games on tv as college games.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.