Alabama/ND Articles Comparing The Two

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I also agree that statistics only go so far when certain teams meet on the field of battle.

Notre Dame hasn't faced a team like Alabama all season - on so many levels.

I have no doubt that Bama will control this game from start to finish.

No disrespect meant to Notre Dame....but the SEC hasn't won it 6 years in a row for nothing!

RTR! :wink:

BigBama76

Suspended
Oct 26, 2011
Atlanta, GA
.... I trust our o line against anyone in the country now....(LSU) worried me. And in my opinion Notre Dame is not the caliber of LSU, same system or not.
The thing about LSU's team as a whole and their defense in particular is they are an emotion and momentum type team. If they've got momentum and emotion on their side during a game they can just overwhelm almost any team. If you can get up on them you better keep poring it to them cause if they ever get the momentum back they will beat you.

The thing about LSU's team as a whole and their defense in particular is they are an emotion and momentum type team. If they've got momentum and emotion on their side during a game they can just overwhelm almost any team. If you can get up on them you better keep poring it to them cause if they ever get the momentum back they will beat you.
Almost! They had momentum in Baton Rouge!!

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
IMO, the articles presented a very accurate and fair comparison of the two front sevens. What I would like to see is a comparison of ND's opponents' OL to Bama's OL. And then a similar comparison of Bama's opponents' OL to ND's. The objective being to predict OL vs front seven performance. As many have said, the game's outcome is likely to come down to how well one team's OL dominates (or gets dominated) the opposing team's front seven.

Having said all that, the one comparison I haven't seen anyone do yet is overall team speed. My limited viewing of ND games this year leaves me with the impression ND is a big, powerful, well coached team, that has little overall team speed. Bama is a big, powerful, well coached team, but has good overall team speed, and in some spots, has extremely good speed.

For those that have seen more ND football than me, have you seen that distinction as well?

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL
Ah, I can tell you this, on ND's WORST day this defense won't be giving up 350 yards on the ground to ANYONE. Alabama will get their yards running it, but they won't come close to that number.
Prepare for a spanking my friend. ND will not know what him them. If I'm wrong I will be the first to admit it after the game. :smile:

I don't care about stats but if ND is going to have a "worst day" it will be on the 7th. The Irish simply have not played anyone near the caliber of Alabama. No one comes close and this will soon become apparent. :BigA:

Saying that, good luck and here's to an injury free game.

Crimson Hawk

Hall of Fame
Dec 16, 2001
North Alabama
Thought the board would like these. The first two are written by an Alabama blogger thought they were very good and fair.

DL

http://www.rollbamaroll.com/2012/12...defensive-line

LB

http://www.rollbamaroll.com/2012/12...he-linebackers

USA Today

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...kelly/1787371

You will get an error message on the first two links Click on the "Roll Bama Roll" and you can then get to the articles written by Matt Stover. Sorry for the extra step
I'm a little late to the conversation & can't seem to access the articles linked above. There seems to be some debate as to the effectiveness of Bama's run game against ND's front & this would seem normal acknowledging both unit's effectiveness but to date Bama has almost EXACTLY as many passing yards as running yards...after a full season of play! In effect Bama doesn't have to rely only on the run to beat ND & if our passing game keeps them "honest" (7 in the box) IMO there's no way they stop Bama's run. ND's defense will have to contend with offensive BALANCE...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.