Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like

where to watch the game in Mannheim / Frankfurt Germany

I know everyone hates this, but I'm completely serious. Our neighbor is a student in Tuscaloosa, but leaving for a study abroad program and has to be in Mannheim on January 4. Anyone have any suggestions for a safe and friendly place where she can watch the game, especially considering that it won't kick off till about 2 a.m. local time?
    Roll Tide

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team RollinTider1335's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I think Lutzenkirken has a bar there.

Kidding. ;-)

Post Thanks / Like

Re: where to watch the game in Mannheim / Frankfurt Germany

Quote Originally Posted by uaintn View Post
    I know everyone hates this, but I'm completely serious. Our neighbor is a student in Tuscaloosa, but leaving for a study abroad program and has to be in Mannheim on January 4. Anyone have any suggestions for a safe and friendly place where she can watch the game, especially considering that it won't kick off till about 2 a.m. local time?
    Does she have any ties to the armed forces? I know they will carry it. I'll ask my SIL in Stuttgart...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Boss. She has no military ties, but was actually hoping perhaps the military personnel would have a regular bar or restaurant staked out.
    Roll Tide

Post Thanks / Like

If all else fails, I have an account with a VPN SERVER in the US, which gives me an IP address in Miami, FL. I live in Ecuador, and can now get any streaming video, including NETFLIX. I use STRONGVPN.COM
    Roll Tide

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Boss. She has no military ties, but was actually hoping perhaps the military personnel would have a regular bar or restaurant staked out.
    Is she willing to drive to Frankfurt to see it. It's about an hour, but it's a good Autobahn, albeit one of the most heavily traveled in Germany. As I said, I'll check my SIL...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure she'd take the trip up the road if there was a chance to see the game in safety with some real Alabama fans. She refers to her trip to the SEC Championship game as "the greatest night of my life". For a girl with no Alabama ties she's come a long way in a couple of years.
    Roll Tide

BamaNation All-American CHATTBRIT's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

I expect they will have the game streamed at the officers club or NCO club. These facilities in Kaiserlautern would probably be closer than Frankfurt. It all on the autobahn so speeding is OK. When I lived in Frankfurt the master-at-arms would allow young ladies into either club. Frankfurt's officer club used to have a Keller Bar under the club which is quite good. Don't know if it is still there.
    My basset hound, Henry. 10-14-1998 - 04-09-2012
    Remembering Victor Ellis #9
    I would rather burn an American flag to protect the Constitution than burn the Constitution to protect the American flag

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    HaHa on TideFans.com

I miss the Army sometimes. This thread is one of those times.
    ROLL TIDE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CHATTBRIT View Post
    I expect they will have the game streamed at the officers club or NCO club. These facilities in Kaiserlautern would probably be closer than Frankfurt. It all on the autobahn so speeding is OK. When I lived in Frankfurt the master-at-arms would allow young ladies into either club. Frankfurt's officer club used to have a Keller Bar under the club which is quite good. Don't know if it is still there.
    Hadn't thought about Kaiserslautern. That would be a little closer and it's not as big and intimidating as driving into Frankfurt...

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

Mannheim still has an active Army base. I was there a few years ago - lived there as a child - and the quarters are behind a fence but not sure about the clubs.

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

If all fails, with a little savvy you can watch it online. So you could be in Timbuktu with a computer and a connection and watch the game.

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamanut_aj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Slingbox

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk